Pot Noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pot Noodles

I used to love pot noodles, right from when I first tried them in the mid 80's to probably the late 90's.

Now for some reason I don't really like them. I have recently discovered Koka Noodles though, they're so nice, and only cost about 25p a packet. If anyone sees these in their shop you should really give them a try.

My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Why????

Someone please tell me why they stopped producing Cheese & Tomato Pot Noodles? They were the best of the lot!
      01-811-8055 - Swap Shop

Comment

[QUOTE][/Originally Posted by ruby
        While we're on about noodles..anyone remember Noodles and Doodles?
        QUOTE/]

I remember these, thought no one else did, they were spaghetti shapes weren't they like spaghetti hoops. They just disappeared. I had a board game which had all the shapes on it and the noodle doodle man (as I called him) who looked similar to the man on the ready brek box before it became a dragon.

Comment

Pity the bacon one was discontinued but I didn't see very much of the kebab ones.
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I like chicken and mushroom and i love the curry pot noodles.I had a chicken and mushroom the other day when a tooth abscess blew up in my mouth.It was a real god send,as i could hardly eat anything for days.I wish they would put more in the plastic jars and drop the price more,even with the king size ones,i would buy loads of them.

Comment

BRING BACK POT SWEETS, I kept telling all my mates about these gorgeous things and they never heard of them.

Bring em BACK

Comment

I was a Pot Rice man myself, the curry ones were lush. Only other Pot Noodle I liked were sweet and sour. I remember picking the peas out before I put boiling water on them because I hate peas. Sadly I don't see either of these flavours now.

There was another pot noodle made by Batchelors or Knorr. They came in bigger than usual oval size pots, the cheese and ham one was amazing. They were really expensive though, where a Pot Noodle was like 70p these were £1.29. Felt like a proper meal instead of a snack though. I reckon they couldn't compete with the other brands, I used to grab them from the local (now defunct) Kwik Save when I was working the changing rooms in a rugby club when I was a teen. Me and all the bar staff used to use the big urn full of boiling water to make ourself noodles (along with Bovrils if it was particuarly cold). They used to stink the club house out.

Comment

im not but can u et pot rice anymore.
                  i sure preferred them over pot noodles.
                  and i think pot rice where not as fattening as PN'S.
                  GOING BACK MANY YRS I WOULD HAVE ATE 4 POT NOODLES A DAY MY WEIGHT SURE BALLOONED.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by SG1973 View Post
                    Noodle Doodle came to town
                    With lots of straight spaghetti
                    He twisted it around and round and round
                    And this is what we're getting

Noodle doodle motor cars
                    Noodle doodle houses
                    Noodle doodle sailing boats
                    Eek, noodle doodle mouses

(I'm such a geek for remembering the tune to the advert, but hey - that's what this site is all about, innit guys!)
                    I remember that ad! Cartoon style if I recall...!

Comment

Btw, talking of 'pot meals', Heinz do a range called 'Taste of home' thesedays. They are the size of a Stork margarine tub and are really nice. You get things like:

Lancashire Hotpot,
                      Beef Stew and Dumplings,
                      Chicken Casserole,

can't recall if there are others but surprisingly you get REAL meat and veg in each pot crammed to the brim! Reminds me of how food used to be sold...Delicious heated in the microwave with some sliced bloomer bread and margarine/butter....! And extremely filling!

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                        The only baby food I would ever dream of eating is Farleys Rusks, yum
                        Still eat them! First time a while back I bought a pack and opened the foil and the smell was just the same as always...love to dip them in a cuppa tea or warm some milk, pour over them in a bowl, crush em up and nom, nom, nom.

Back to Pot Noodles...my parents used to say they first came out in pots the size of Stork Margarine tubs, then changed to the taller format to accommodate the water. I always preferred the Golden Wonder version as they were much tastier. The green pots the nicest imho. Once in a while I go through 'cravings' for them and eat them.
                        Last edited by sf1378; 01-03-2011, 16:50.

Comment

I remembered this thread the last time I did a shop and got my first ever Pot Noodle. Curry flavour. Why?...Why didn't you people warn me? Why would you let me put that in my mouth? What have I ever done to any of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            I was a Pot Rice man myself, the curry ones were lush. Only other Pot Noodle I liked were sweet and sour. I remember picking the peas out before I put boiling water on them because I hate peas. Sadly I don't see either of these flavours now.

There was another pot noodle made by Batchelors or Knorr. They came in bigger than usual oval size pots, the cheese and ham one was amazing. They were really expensive though, where a Pot Noodle was like 70p these were £1.29. Felt like a proper meal instead of a snack though. I reckon they couldn't compete with the other brands, I used to grab them from the local (now defunct) Kwik Save when I was working the changing rooms in a rugby club when I was a teen. Me and all the bar staff used to use the big urn full of boiling water to make ourself noodles (along with Bovrils if it was particuarly cold). They used to stink the club house out.
                            I too used to love pot rice! Much better than pot noodle imo, wonder why they stopped them.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby View Post
                              While we're on about noodles..anyone remember Noodles and Doodles?
                              Heinz Noodle Doodles? Oh, yes! I know they were just basic pasta in fancy shapes, but to me it was just so different from "ordinary" tinned spaghetti. Later on, there were several types of canned pasta shapes available, but Noodle Doodles were the original and best!

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Turner View Post
                                Bring back Cheese & Tomatoe Pot Noodles :cry:
                                I second that. Cheese and Tomato was my favourite flavour. I remember they changed the recipe (for the worse, of course), and then it disappeared altogether. With today's Pot Noodles, I find myself having to add plenty of soy sauce to put back the flavour that the government's Health Police have advised all the food manufacturers to take out (I could start another thread on that topic, but here's not the place).

Comment

Working...
                                X