Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boring soft drink selections

Originally posted by Sinistar View Post
    I've found myself drawn to the world foods aisles as they occasionally have odd flavours. I've been tempted with the throwback pepsi.
    When they first released Pepsi Throwback a few years ago it was awesome because it was sweetened purely with cane sugar.
    But at some point they switched to beet sugar.
    Now I don't know how particular you lot are, but in my opinion cane sugar is far superior to beet sugar, cane tastes pure, but beet tastes rooty & earthy.
    So now i'm fairly sure that Throwback Pepsi is pretty much identical to the Pepsi we already get here in the UK, tastes very similar to me anyway.
    I would go for the Wild Cherry Pepsi, it tastes incredibly close to the Cherry Pepsi we used to get over here in the 80s (apart from the corn syrup)

A Supermarket near me has a gigantic isle full of US, Irish, Asian, Eastern European & all kinds of other interesting food.
    They sell my favourite Shrimp Ramen Noodles for less than 50p.
    And there are masses of soft drinks.
    I got a 2 litre bottle of Portuguese Grape Fanta which was completely different to the US variety.

I'm currently drinking something called Rock & Rye.
    The bottle describes it as a Creme Cola, which I suppose it is.
    Although there isn't really an obvious cola taste, I can't quite describe it, but it's kind of like creamy Tizer or something ?!?
    It's all the better for having cane sugar, but weirdly Faygo seem to only use cane sugar in their bottles, the cans have that old chestnut, High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I'm gonna have a shop around tomorrow to find my Dad some decent Ginger Beer for Christmas.
    He doesn't really like most of the obvious ones, so i'll try to find something interesting.

What's Grape Twist 'n' Squeeze though Sinistar ? I consider myself a bit of a soft drink connoisseur, but i've never even heard of it, please enlighten me.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
      So I have spent a fair wack on loads of festive pop, but no more than the average person spends on festive alcohol.
      OK, i've just had a round up,
      12 cans Wild Cherry Pepsi.
      12 cans Cherry Dr Pepper.
      12 cans Day's Black Cherry Wishniack Soda.
      12 cans assorted Faygo.
      15 bottles assorted Faygo.
      22 cans & bottles assorted Root Beer.
      4 2 litre bottles Cherry 7up.

That little lot cost me somewhere between £50-55 (the 12 Faygo cans were free ). not too bad really, plenty to last from Christmas day to New Years Eve.
      And I will make sure the whole lot goes that week, cos I only drink unhealthy drinks on special occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post

What's Grape Twist 'n' Squeeze though Sinistar ? I consider myself a bit of a soft drink connoisseur, but i've never even heard of it, please enlighten me.
        As far as I know it's still available in dull flavours like orange and raspberry but the best was the really strong grape flavour they discontinued in the mid 90's - Click image for larger version

Name:	Twist_n_Squeeze_Apple_Raspberry_Juice_Drink_200ml.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	260491

Comment

Can you still get cherry 7up? Loved that in the early-mid 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool1 View Post
            Can you still get cherry 7up? Loved that in the early-mid 90s.
            Yep.
            Still available & still very nice indeed.
            Although most places don't stock it, you should be able to find it in larger supermarkets & some Poundland style shops.

Comment

Sun Charm Space Special...That was the stuff!

This is a decent page, lots of stuff on here: http://www.canmuseum.com/Search.aspx?Country=78

Comment

Working...
              X