Apple Juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Juice

Isn't it interesting that when we get older we enjoy things and like the taste of food and drink that is healthy for us and does us good, unlike when we are younger? - I suppose it's our mind's way that we need to look after ourselves when we get older, and have more healthy things to eat and drink!

When I was younger, I used to think that having fruit was a bit too much to have in one go, apart from fruit juice drinks, and I wouldn't have said that I would have been a fan of apple juice back then, but in recent years, I just love the taste of it, and as it's a fruit (and one of your five a day) it feels like a bonus as well! I have not noticed much difference between supermarket own name brands such as Asda, Iceland and Tesco's "Grower's Harvest" brand with their generous two litre cartons - back in the day, I would have preferred orange juice or cola because apple juice was a bit sickly. It's a bit like how older people develop a taste for whisky or similar wine when they get older.

No, the 42-year-old me loves apple juice, and I am impartial to any supermarket brand as they taste exactly the same. I do remember Food and Drink (that BBC 2 consumer cookery programme which was presented by Chris "Clapperboard" Kelly) managed to do a feature on apple juice in the mid 1990s in which Jilly Goolden got excited over over the different brands as if it was another wine - I would love to see that again.

Have your taste buds changed in later years and all of a sudden, enjoy a taste of something that you didn't like when you were younger?
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

When staying in guest houses or hotels whilst on holiday.I used to like to have a glass of apple juice before breakfast.I also have liked cranberry juice orange is my least favourite.

Comment

If i am the designated driver on a night out (remember them?) i would usually go for either J20 or appletise, those alcohol free beers are orrible!
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Do the shops still sell Appletise? Haven't seen it around for years.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          Do the shops still sell Appletise? Haven't seen it around for years.
          I'm not sure myself

Comment

I must have a look when I do my next online grocery shop - I usually do Tesco, but had to do Asda last week as there were no Tesco slots available in my neck of the woods.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I prefer the concentrated apple juice, but the Iceland people have put some of the pressed ones instead - I am not a fan of substitutes.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X