No announcement yet.

Food during the Falklands War in 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was beef and pork liver the most commonly served varieties in schools? It is the cheapest because of low consumer demand.

Comment

The fact that 1982 was the year that Nottingham had got its first McDonald's meant that locally, fast food was different around the time of the Falklands War as well - not many Nottingham people had tasted a Big Mac before that, I assume.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

With a previous post mentioning expensive microwave ovens, I remember buying my first one from Comet. Carried it to the bus stop then off the bus to home , it weighed a ton!

Comment

Microwave ovens don't seem to have changed much in their appearances - it's only their power and efficiency that has improved over the years. I saw a Noel's Telly Years where Noel Edmonds showed two different microwave ovens from 1980 (the edition of Noel's Telly Years which was being featured) and 1997 (the year it was seen on BBC 1), and to be honest, both microwave ovens looked just as good as each other - it only the radio cassette recorder that he featured in the same slot that looked as it had improved a lot in those 17 years.

I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
            Curry was a surname.
            It was also a brand of electrical retailers across Great Britain when pluralised.

I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
            X