Were they bigger then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Were they bigger then?

I recall buying a mars bar years ago,and not eating it for a long time.I then bought another mars bar,and noticed how much smaller they had got.I think i seriously noticed the down sizing around 1984/85,when at the same time,all the local pubs in my area started serving pints with an inch of space from the glass rim.I noticed a lot of items of food altered accordingly aswell,like Meat and Potatoe pies where 98% of the filling was potato,Steak and Kidney Pies where 95% was gravy and Kidney.I find crisps ridiculous these days,literally a bag af air with a few crisps rattling at the bottom of the bag.
    I do believe cadburys creme eggs have shrunk big time,as i remember about 10 - 15 years ago,when i was in my late 20's early 30's,one would get stuck in my teeth if i tried to put it in my mouth as a complete whole.Now,they just slide in with no problem at all.

Comment

Well I have just eaten a Mars bar and that is something I couldn't do when I was young as they were far too big.
      Creme eggs have definitely shrunk and I don't care what the manufacture says.

Comment

If,as reported,writers on wikipedia are stating that cadbury's creme eggs have remained the same size and weight all this time,then i think cadbury's must be writing that up themselves,to falsify the truth! Those tactics were exposed a few years back,when celebrities and politicians were doing the same thing,as well as companies.If so,it's no wonder this country is called Rip Off Britain.

Comment

A lot of things seem to have shrunk these days.
          My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Don't get me started on this one...yes, lots of products have shrunk. Some manufacturers have admitted this and attributed it to the increased cost of raw ingredients etc. Oh and before you start thinking it's all about money, I nearly forgot to mention that some manufacturers have argued the new slimmer versions will help tackle obesity....how thoughtful these corporates are!

And it's a trend that doesn't seem to be going away as just the other day I wrote a news article on a leaked email from Kraft to the Unite Union that reportedly described plans to a) reduce the size of our Dairy Milk Bars and b) slightly off the topic but horrifying nonetheless, to replace the chocolate in some Cadbury products (incl. Creme Eggs & Buttons) with German powdered Milka chocolate Needless to say, when asked about this, Cadbury denied such plans ever existed but, still, not a bad excuse to give your other half when suddenly stocking up on chocolate!

All the best,

Matthew

Comment

Ooh they're a cunning lot. I've already noticed the sudden appearence of Milka bars here since Kraft took over Cadbury's.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to love caramac, in pound world you can get 3 in a pack for a quid,but to me the chocolate is much thinner than what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                X