delivered milk in bags??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delivered milk in bags??

is there anyone out there that doesnt think I`m going mad when I say can you remember a trial in the 70`s when milkmen delivered milk in plastic bags and we had a jug to pop the bags of milk in so you could pour the milk? yes really!!

see Im not bonkers other places have it too.
    check out this site-looks like they got them in Canada!
    http://untanglingknots.blogspot.com/...s-in-milk.html
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~husky66/Milk/steps/
    Last edited by foxyminx; 12-03-2006, 21:26. Reason: adding content

Comment

yes they did try it for a bit but it did'nt catch on(i only know that because my gran told me)
      kernow bys vyken

Comment

phew Im glad someone else knows about this cos my son thinks I`m bonkers..milk in bags mother as if..
        Lol.

Comment

Our local dairy, still has them on display.
          They delivered them for 4 years in the seventies, being able to post the bags through peoples letter boxes to reduce thefts from door step deliveries.
          Along side the bag, they have the plastic container with the pich slit at the top to seal the bag.

So your not crazy!

waterboy17

Comment

Not surprised it didn't catch on - it'd be like carrying goldfish !
            Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

They still have them in Spain, it's the norm where I went in southern Spain. Very fiddly to use and very difficult not to spill half of it all over the kitchen!!!

Comment

Hiya!!

Yes, my Granny used to speak about this and how she usually spilled the milk all down herself! lol..

Rab

Comment

Re: delivered milk in bags??

I don't remember milk ever being delivered in bags, but i remember when supermarket milk was sold in bags. The bags were white and navy blue.

Comment

Re: delivered milk in bags??

Originally posted by foxyminx View Post
                    is there anyone out there that doesnt think I`m going mad when I say can you remember a trial in the 70`s when milkmen delivered milk in plastic bags and we had a jug to pop the bags of milk in so you could pour the milk? yes really!!
                    I was so glad to see this thread because for years all my friends and colleagues have thought I was completely mad when I brought this subject up. I've never met anyone else who remembers milk in bags. I remember the jugs being blue plastic (in fact I think my Mum might still have one somewhere!) I was surprised to see bags of milk have made a reappearance in my local Sainsbury's!

Comment

Working...
                    X