small bottles of orange from the milkman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: small bottles of orange from the milkman

I remember buying pint size bottles of orange from the milkman about 10 years ago.It was really nice aswell.
    We had crates of milk in primary school,and we all loved it.We got a plastic straw,if i recall,and we use to sneak to the crates and drink all the left over milk at playtime.

Comment

Re: small bottles of orange from the milkman

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
      You mention the "Thin Straws" those straws as I remember them were see through red, and they came in a grey card square box? I was Milk Monitor in 1971 and how the smell of the soured milk brings back the memories of having to drink down the foul stuff! (not a lover of milk!)

I think that they were third of a pint bottles though? And were always delivered in a grey plastic crate.
      Ours were the little third of a pint bottles too. Sometimes the odd bottle would have some sort of print on the side like the dairy logo or whatever and there'd be a bit of a scramble to get that one. Little blue straws, but in the cardboard box

You can still get the pints of orange - I've seen them in some newsagents, next to the milk.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
      X