Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Findus Double Deckers

Originally posted by tanas View Post
    These are driving me absolutely mental as nobody but nobody remembers them and I know I'm not imagining them. They were made by Findus and were oblong in shape and were filled with half mashed potato and half sausage meat (or something) and were covered in batter and you had to fry them in the frying pan or chip pan. They came out about the same time as Findus Crispy Pancakes but the pancakes have continued production whereas the Double Deckers have sadly been discontinued. They were lovely with peas and chips.

Moderators edit note Findus Double Deckers are also remembered here
    Do You Remember Findus Double Deckers? Food and drink from the 70s, 80s and 90s
    thank the lord ,i thought i was going mad, been on about findus double deckers for yonks and none of my mates or their mates knew, in fact people looked at me like i was on severe medication sometimes, any way i loved em, mam usually did em on weddnesday just before godzilla started(and godszukie) and arctic roll by the time grange hill started,(what were those two fit girls called ?long after the tucker era, about the same time or just after gripper stebson

Comment

Originally posted by thegasman View Post
      thank the lord ,i thought i was going mad, been on about findus double deckers for yonks and none of my mates or their mates knew, in fact people looked at me like i was on severe medication sometimes, any way i loved em, mam usually did em on weddnesday just before godzilla started(and godszukie) and arctic roll by the time grange hill started,(what were those two fit girls called ?long after the tucker era, about the same time or just after gripper stebson
      Try this thread for Grange Hill
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Loved them, wish they'd bring them back, with the retro boom they would be a hit all over again IMO.

Here is the original late 1970's ad (somewhere between 1977-79 as far as my research has found):

Findus 'Double Deckers' TV ad - 30 sec advert

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          So how long before we lose Captain Birdseye to the same black hole as Marathon,Jiff and Opal Fruits!!!
          Don't forget Oil of Ulay!

Comment

Just realised after my last post - Oil of Ulay is of course not a foodstuff! - I was just warming to the theme of well-loved and familiar names being changed for reasons of global uniformity.

"Snickers" - what kind of a half-assed name is that? Marathon was SO much better - conjured up images of energy, vitality etc. I still call them Marathon out of principle, much to the embarrassment of my kids.

"A fistful of peanuts in every bar"

Comment

Yes remember double deckers in my previous life as a meat-eater

Comment

Working...
              X