Re: What have they done to our Tizer?

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
    Greenish yellow.
    Sounds like they're taking the p***!

(Thankyouverymuch!)
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Exhibit A. Tizer purchased today. Sticking to its roots with the reddy-orange can, but what's all this yellow and green citrus business and 'now with added extra bite'? Hmmm......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0432.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	259860

Now if we take the contents and place them against a glorious sunset, the scarlett hues can not be denied. It is slightly less red than the tizer of yore though. There's no mention of colouring on the ingredients so I'm glad I've added my own sunset yellow. Ingredients do include safflower (?) and carrot (!)...sounds way too healthy to me. They aught to be ashamed!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	259861

As for the taste...no, it doesn't taste like our much-loved tizer. Too zingy and weak. Not impressed. Indeed, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?!?!?!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Nice one Tricky, that's quite a scientific approach, I almost expected the drink to be displayed in a test tube, and the resulting redness comparison in some kind of chart. You're totally right about the differences. Let's all go back to the '80s. Where's that tardis when you need it.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I find the same with Irn Bru. It looks the same but doesn't taste like it did when I was a kid. Could be me though.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            Exhibit A. Tizer purchased today. Sticking to its roots with the reddy-orange can, but what's all this yellow and green citrus business and 'now with added extra bite'? Hmmm......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3017[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3018[/ATTACH]

As for the taste...no, it doesn't taste like our much-loved tizer. Too zingy and weak. Not impressed. Indeed, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?!?!?!
            This is exactly my point!! Sounds like a case of if it ain't broke-don't fix it. Just balls it up by modifying it. Who ever came up with the idea and put it in the place SHOULD BE FORCED TO SPEND FOUR DAYS IN A CROWDED SHOPPING CENTRE TO DO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!
            WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Working...
            X