Maid Marian Brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maid Marian Brand

I remember a butchers in my home town selling nothing else in tinned food than 'Maid Marian' brand. The pictures on the labels were very distinctive!
    Can anyone else remember this brand? I've had a quick google search but it doesn't come up with anything. Can anyone help with pics or memories?
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Re: Maid Marian Brand

I can't find anything either, but it rings a huge bell with me.
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

It's as if it never existed! I remember it quite clearly. The logo was a picture of 'Maid Marian' and I think the brand covered most grocery items but the tinned goods stick in my mind more.

Comment

I vaguely remember this, was it a picture of a medieval ladys face, linear drawing, with a flowing veil around her face and head?

Possibly tinned peas, peaches and stewed steak in cans?

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
          I vaguely remember this, was it a picture of a medieval ladys face, linear drawing, with a flowing veil around her face and head?

Possibly tinned peas, peaches and stewed steak in cans?
          Thats the one!!! Wish I could find some info on it though.

Comment

The Maid Marian brand was operated by the Danish Bacon Company. Retailers could choose two options. They could just stock the MM products or the could go for the whole package which included Maid Marian external shop signage, Maid Marian products and associated point of sale material. The brand did not last long due to the popularity of other 'symbol' groups such as Mace and Spar.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

With a name like Maid Marian, one would have thought that it would be avilable in places like Nottingham! The name rings a vague bell however as there was a Maid Marian Stores locally which sold Happy Shopper-branded food items.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Here's the logo on a can of orange
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X