Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

    Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    He's fine ....

    We are both Aspergers and as such experience life slightly differently to you normal folk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I know, just joshin
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

    Comment


    • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

      My wife writes our Christmas cards. I'm not even sure how many she sends, but as people pass away and others use text/internet greetings, we receive fewer cards each year.

      Comment


      • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

        Originally posted by tex View Post
        I know, just joshin
        Ahhh

        Apologies


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

        Comment


        • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

          Originally posted by tex View Post
          George, your scaring me.
          Why am I scaring you?I don't understand.

          I have had to put up with enough prejudice in the past just for being different, and at a time like this, I can easily do without it.
          Last edited by George 1978; 02-12-2018, 13:32.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

          Comment


          • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

            Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            Why am I scaring you?I don't understand.

            I have had to put up with enough prejudice in the past just for being different, and at a time like this, I can easily do without it.
            It's fine bud .. he was joking but forgot to add a [emoji4]


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

            Comment


            • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

              Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              It's fine bud .. he was joking but forgot to add a [emoji4]
              That's all very well, but sometimes it's difficult to know whether someone is being ironic, sarcastic, or whatever - and that has got nothing at all to do with having any sort of condition whatsoever- a lot of people respond in that same way. I just think that it is not very nice for someone to say that. I have to admit that no DYR remember has ever sacred me during my time on here, and I am someone who has rather poor social skills.

              I would appreciate an apology from Tex for saying that - I will easily forgive him and move on if he apologies.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

              Comment


              • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                That's all very well, but sometimes it's difficult to know whether someone is being ironic, sarcastic, or whatever - and that has got nothing at all to do with having any sort of condition whatsoever- a lot of people respond in that same way. I just think that it is not very nice for someone to say that. I have to admit that no DYR remember has ever sacred me during my time on here, and I am someone who has rather poor social skills.

                I would appreciate an apology from Tex for saying that - I will easily forgive him and move on if he apologies.
                I don't think there's a need for him to apologise in this instance.. he's already explained that he meant no malice towards you and he was 'joshing' ( joking / jesting ) .

                I also misunderstand many posts as I maybe did when I quoted him ..

                No harm done bud .

                Just forget it ..


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                Comment


                • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                  Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  That's all very well, but sometimes it's difficult to know whether someone is being ironic, sarcastic, or whatever - and that has got nothing at all to do with having any sort of condition whatsoever- a lot of people respond in that same way. I just think that it is not very nice for someone to say that. I have to admit that no DYR remember has ever sacred me during my time on here, and I am someone who has rather poor social skills.

                  I would appreciate an apology from Tex for saying that - I will easily forgive him and move on if he apologies.
                  Relax Bud, just a turn of phrase, your knowing all the final posting dates for christmas amused me. My sense of humour can be misunderstood sometimes and often goes over the head of people. Not trying to be a smart ***, i've already said in previous posts that i like reading your posts and that i would miss you if you stopped posting. I am a little disapointed however that you misjudge me as the kind of person that might want to cause upset, strange also that Zincubus has similar problems to yourself but read my comment with a different perspective.So no apology here fraid as that would be an admission of guilt and i wont apologise just to apease you.If you still feel you have been done a misjustice it might be simpler to give each other a wide berth as i would hate to cause you any further upset unwittingly.
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                  Comment


                  • Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                    I guess I did kinda misunderstand you initially but only because I didn't know if you knew about George's Aspergers ..

                    In hindsight it was a very funny / witty comment .. .. similar to to ones I write myself ... but I always add a smiley ..

                    It was all something over nothing fellas ... let's all forget it and move forwards !!




                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Zincubus; 02-12-2018, 22:59.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                      Originally posted by tex View Post
                      Relax Bud, just a turn of phrase, your knowing all the final posting dates for christmas amused me. My sense of humour can be misunderstood sometimes and often goes over the head of people. Not trying to be a smart ***, i've already said in previous posts that i like reading your posts and that i would miss you if you stopped posting. I am a little disapointed however that you misjudge me as the kind of person that might want to cause upset, strange also that Zincubus has similar problems to yourself but read my comment with a different perspective.So no apology here fraid as that would be an admission of guilt and i wont apologise just to apease you.If you still feel you have been done a misjustice it might be simpler to give each other a wide berth as i would hate to cause you any further upset unwittingly.
                      I just copied the dates from the Royal Mail website, so I don't know why you had mentioned that in response - to tell you the truth, I thought that what I posted was useful rather amusing.

                      I am disappointed that you didn't choose your words more wisely - I don't like the fact that someone who I hardly know says something like that about myself, now that is scary to someone like myself. You have to remember that members come in all shapes and sizes and I know that I don't know anyone personally enough to say things that could upset them - I don't know how sensitive you are for example, mostly because I don't pry into the private lives of people, but I wouldn't go up to a person walking down the street and say that they are scaring me - life doesn't work like that.

                      I shall regard your response as an apology as long as you remember to think about other people before you say something about them - it has got nothing to do with being guilty, it is just about being courteous. Just remember that although we are all different, some of us are a bit more different than others. Sometimes apologising is not about being guilty, but to make amends on something that has happened.

                      Usually any points I make on this forum, ironic or not, I get straight to the point and so most of the time I don't need to put a Smiley on, but sometimes I do. The difference between someone laughing with someone else and someone laughing at them can make a huge bit of difference, as to whether they are on the same side or whatever.

                      I do have the condition (I was diagnosed at the age of 18), and sometimes it's a good thing that people understand while at other times it can be a bad thing. I see it in a similar way to racism or sexism - no one deserves to be discriminated, harassed or distressed just because there happens to be something different about them. I just think that everyone should be treated equally at the end of the day.

                      I am prepared to forget it completely.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                        Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        I don't think there's a need for him to apologise in this instance.. he's already explained that he meant no malice towards you and he was 'joshing' ( joking / jesting ) .
                        Sometimes it is not as transparent as that - I know that even I have made a joke about something and the other person takes it too seriously or ignores the irony of it.

                        People are different at the end of the day, and can take things completely differently. Having said that, I am prepared to draw a line under this.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                        Comment


                        • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                          Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          Sometimes it is not as transparent as that - I know that even I have made a joke about something and the other person takes it too seriously or ignores the irony of it.

                          People are different at the end of the day, and can take things completely differently. Having said that, I am prepared to draw a line under this.
                          Thing is George ... this forum is probably the safest , friendliest forum on the internet . I have had some very unpleasant experiences on other forums over the years .

                          When I saw his initial comment - due to my experience and experiences elsewhere I realised he was joking and it WAS a funny thing to say , ideal wording AND timing .

                          Then ... I wondered for a moment if he was unaware of your Aspergers and his comment wasn't a joke , that's when I posted .

                          What I'm trying to say is that it may be better for you to chose with great care ..which forums you visit in the future ..

                          Regards


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                          Comment


                          • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                            That is one of the reasons why I joined here - when talking about our memories of the past, we talk from personal experience and as a result, no one can really argue about that, unless we talk about general memories that others might remember more clearly than ourselves - I don't mind being put right in that respect, especially if the other person happens to be a lot older and therefore remembers something a lot more clearer from the past.

                            The irony is that if it had been addressed to another person, I would have thought of it in a more humorous way, but as it was aimed at myself, I obviously took it a lot more seriously. When I was at school I worked hard in most subjects, but then again I thought that I would be a target for bullies as a result, and I suppose it is a bit like that - I thought of being a clone of the next person was the best way of fitting in - after all, I wore the same uniform during Years 7 to 11.

                            I think that the problem is that as a member of this forum I hardly know anyone personally for obvious reasons, and so any comment can be taken a bit "out of bounds" if you know what I mean. In the mid 2000s I was a member of Digital Spy and I left after nearly a year because I felt as if I was "drowning" within the community of the forums - I knew that I made a mistake joining up and that things were getting out of my depth. It's the same with those who leave Twitter and Facebook, and even I have taken long term leave from both as a result of various things that have happened.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                            Comment


                            • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                              Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              That is one of the reasons why I joined here - when talking about our memories of the past, we talk from personal experience and as a result, no one can really argue about that, unless we talk about general memories that others might remember more clearly than ourselves - I don't mind being put right in that respect, especially if the other person happens to be a lot older and therefore remembers something a lot more clearer from the past.

                              The irony is that if it had been addressed to another person, I would have thought of it in a more humorous way, but as it was aimed at myself, I obviously took it a lot more seriously. When I was at school I worked hard in most subjects, but then again I thought that I would be a target for bullies as a result, and I suppose it is a bit like that - I thought of being a clone of the next person was the best way of fitting in - after all, I wore the same uniform during Years 7 to 11.

                              I think that the problem is that as a member of this forum I hardly know anyone personally for obvious reasons, and so any comment can be taken a bit "out of bounds" if you know what I mean. In the mid 2000s I was a member of Digital Spy and I left after nearly a year because I felt as if I was "drowning" within the community of the forums - I knew that I made a mistake joining up and that things were getting out of my depth. It's the same with those who leave Twitter and Facebook, and even I have taken long term leave from both as a result of various things that have happened.
                              We are sooooo similar

                              I am still with DigitalSpy as it's so varied and soooo busy and bustling. I have to be very , very careful in some sections though.. I've lost count of the short term bans I've had from defending my opinions in the very dangerous 'football' section !!

                              Do you use the rather fabulous free app called Tapatalk ?
                              It's specially/ specifically for people who peruse forums !!


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                              Comment


                              • Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

                                I don't think I have ever used Tapatalk - to be honest, I am a stranger to my own mobile phone. I am very old-fashioned when it comes to technology.

                                I have joined probably 10 different forums over the past 15 years or so, and I am pleased to say that I have never been banned from any of them. On some, I only post around 25 times and then I go away and come back after a year or so, while others such as this one, I post over 1,000 times.
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X