Happy childhood memories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy childhood memories?

I was wondering, can we start a thread here about happy memories we always remember from childhood? To set the ball rolling heres one of mine...

Walking to the local BP for some cigs earlier, the gloomish weather at around 9pm this evening with a sky indicating it was going to rain soon on a balmy evening reminded me a bit of a happy memory circa 1986, Dad took me one summers evening by bus from our house into town to the 'War Game's 86' at the Hexagon in Reading. It turned out to literally be one of those 'war gaming' things with loads of adults playing those sorts of games with dices and painted soldiers...some men where dressed in military uniforms from differing periods. I remember one guy dressed as a WW2 German, and a group of men firing off an English Civil War canon...there where dealers too. Trents, the local toy shop nearby even opened a bit later to cash in on the evening...It was boring. Dad then saw I was bored and took me to Trents and bought me an Action Force Baron Ironblood figure (Leader of the ENEMY!!!) and we got the bus home. I was happy. One of the happiest days of my life....

Re: Happy childhood memories?

My happiest memories simply involved playing out late into the evening during the long summer holidays the weather always seemed to be good and we would play games such as kick the can or british bulldog occasionally a game of cricket or rounders would break out involving half the street adults included and it would go on until it was to dark to see. great times

Comment

Playing out late in evengings certainly. Also, when I was very young, being taken to school and walking on the walls infront of the houses in the street!

...coming home from school to watch my favourite TV show.

Comment

One thing i remember is playing down in the fields where i live.
        there must must have been big fields for more than five miles.

i can remember playing footie from about 5 until nie on school nifgts.
        and weekends from when i got up until nine half nine.

me and my friends would play footie and jump the stream.
        most we fell in but that was so fun.

catching tadpoles in summer,ladybirdsas well.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Another was going to the cinema to see all the original star wars films back to back in the cinema in belfast around 86 87.

Comment

breaking up from school for the Christmas holidays and finding Mum had put all the decorations and tree up.
            Dancing in our living room to Abba records.
            Butlins Holidays.
            Mum and Step Dads wedding in 1984
            Heather

Comment

dancing to abba songs sopunds class hun.
              going with my uncle into the mourne mountains when i was very young.

check this link for pics.

http://youtu.be/xNRmMAijcJY

a place i still love very much.

Comment

Working...
              X