Best decade, 70's, 80's or 90's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best decade, 70's, 80's or 90's?

I voted 80s because I was a child of the 80s and have so many fond memories of the toys, the cartoons, and the crisps and sweets that you just can't get anymore...

In saying that tho', I actually hate the 80s for its electronic music and god awful fashion - everything about the look and sound of the 80s just angers me!

I find it hard to be nostalgic about the 90s as it doesn't seem so long ago yet!

Comment

The 80s for me as well. Left school, got first paying job, met Wife, two tone trousers, Madness, Sgt Harry Makepeace, Not the nine o clock news, Aliens 1st night at the Manchester Odeon, Talking Heads. Pocket Simon, ZX Spectrum, Demon driver. The 12" single, Transvision Vamp and Propaganda at Salford Uni, Man City 10-1 Huddersfield Town. 5-1 Derby win. Great days, I could go on.
      Last edited by branny; 16-02-2009, 01:00.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I'm a 70s girl and that decade rooled!

Massive platform shoes! Glam Rock! Brilliant!
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by childofthe80's View Post
          my name says it all baby
          yes the 80's was the best decade ever the music,movies,tv shows,cartoons,toys,breakfast cereals it truly was a colorful magical and animated decade rock on

Comment

70's everytime, '90s second.
            In my 'Aidan' days I posted a longwinded piece on what made the 80s grim.

Comment

Whilst I have a soft spot for the very early eighties, I voted...

70s! (aged 8 to 18)

I've talked about why this decade was so wonderful in many parts of this forum. The great tele, especially at tea-time on ITV and Saturday/Holiday mornings on BBC.

Holiday Camps, playing safely around the neighbourhood, flared trousers with incredibly wide belts, Scalextric, Etcha-sketch and Stylophones.

And, of course, my Dad's Ford Cortina! Have we had a thread on Cortinas? *goes off to search*

Comment

I know this is a retro site and life always seems to have been so much better decades ago but could we honestly manage without: the internet, mobile phones, reliable cars, sunday opening, medical advances, satellite/cable TV, fast-food restaurantes, family pubs, budget airlines....etc. etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                  I know this is a retro site and life always seems to have been so much better decades ago but could we honestly manage without: the internet, mobile phones, reliable cars, sunday opening, medical advances, satellite/cable TV, fast-food restaurantes, family pubs, budget airlines....etc. etc.....
                  We probably couldn't manage now which is a bit sad, but we managed before the technical revolution started and lets face it life was better when we had to do things for ourselves and not rely on computers and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by jimexe View Post
                    We probably couldn't manage now which is a bit sad, but we managed before the technical revolution started and lets face it life was better when we had to do things for ourselves and not rely on computers and so forth.
                    Hear hear!
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Deffo the 70's ... glam rock, disco & punk all in the same decade ... flares, baggies, platforms, teardrop collared, cheesecloth shirts, leaving school, working at Butlins in the summer hols for 11 quid a week ...

Comment

70`s for me ! i had several of the then british rail `s runaround weekly tickets which gave me the chance to go places and explore with my I-SPY books visiting churches, cathedrals , museums , castles etc . it was brilliant. i went all over the place looking at places of interest , meeting interesting people and on my own , had great fun too! did a lot of train spotting too --still do . wish those tickets would come back . sue.

Comment

80's for me. It covered ages 10 - 20 for me.
                          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

The 70's....
                            David Bowie
                            West Brom with the Three Degrees
                            6th Form College
                            Devo at The Brum Odeon
                            X-Ray Spex at JB's Dudley
                            Fawlty Towers
                            Girls, Girls, Girls!!
                            Coke Bottled Cortinas
                            Glam Rock on Top of the Pops
                            YAY!!!
                            I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

best decade for me was the eighties.
                              loved the nineties as well.
                              these two decades had great tv shows both on the bbc 1 and itv.
                              as a kid in those decades you had citv and on bbc 1 you had the broom cupboard with phil schofield and gordon the gopher.
                              on bbc 1 you had GH then over to itv for knightmare then back to bbc1 for alvin and the chipmunks.
                              see where iam going with this.
                              just quality telly.

dont remember much of the seventies as i was born in 75.
                              the ikd british hammer horror films are something i watch regular.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

1970's for me even though I was only young. My favourite bands/albums and TV shows were made in that decade and we seemed to have hot summers every year!

The 80s were my least favourite.

Comment

Working...
                                X