Thunderbirds Memories ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbirds Memories ?

when i was little i used to be a big fan of thunderbirds and i had all of the videos but unfortully i throw them away i think they might be in the loft some were also i had all of the cars and chactors and i had the top truimps but unfortully they get lost over the years saying that i think i still got i think. but the other day my dad said to me i should try watching the goodies ?
    and i still love thunderbirds by the way . I miss the old days

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Thunderbirds Memories ?

I recently got the DVD box set & are still watching them. I was surprised that there some episodes I'd never seen (or remembered seeing) before.

I first remember watching them in the early 1980s when Granada re-ran them, & again in the 1990s when they were on BBC2.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I have the box set of DVDs which I still love watching. My first Thunderbirds memory was my uncle giving me the videotape of Cry Wolf and Danger at ocean deep. Favourite T-birds memories are as follows-
      Move and you're dead- the scene with the Car Stacker
      Cry Wolf- The Hood's Jeep(see my avatar) and the Hood firing the grenade into the mine to trap the 2 boys. The bit where the 2 boys fall down the shaft and the scene fades to black somehow still gives me a chill.
      Danger at ocean deep- when Ocean Pioneer disappears into the fog with it's siren blasting, then exploding.
      City of Fire- when the Thomson Tower finally collapses
      Attack of the alligators- the scene where the lightning lights up Mrs Files standing at the top of the stairs
      Trapped in the sky- when the elevator cars are trying to slow the Fireflash down and the tyres are overheating then exploding.
      The Dutchesses' Assignment- the DOMO tring to prevent the wall from crashing into the blazing cellar.
      Path of Destruction- when the Crablogger destroys the village
      Operation crash-dive- when the hatch opens on Fireflash and the sabboteur can be seen briefly before he quickly hides from Gordon.

Comment

Grew up with Thunderbirds,joe 90,captain scarlet etc.Great shows.The explosions were always spectacular,and what with fast cars and unusual vehicles what more would a boy want from a program.

It did surprise me that the program seemed to have quite a revival a few years ago,and the blue peter do it yourself version of the island proved very popular with children that could not afford or could not obtain the island toy at the time.

Comment

i grew up with the gerry/sylvia anderson creations..........i loved them all........i think my fav was captain scarlet or was it joe 90 but then again it could have been thunderbirds and of course there's stingray............ohhhh decisions........decisions

Comment

You still are 'little' compared to the rest of us here. 'Good old days'? Kid, are you sure your only 15?

Mind you, hated Thundebirds - except when BBC2 used to broadcast it in Hindi, Urdu and whatever else Indian / Pakistani languages on weekday mornings as it just made me laugh hearing those puppets speak in an Asian language - not that I understood a word...I also much preferred CAPTAIN SCARLET AND THE MYSTERON'S - it was far more darker and violent but so brilliant.
            Last edited by sf1378; 05-08-2012, 15:03.

Comment

yes im 15 i love all bits from 60s 70s 80s earlys 90s

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

From watching the episodes again the feel of them does vary, from light erring on childish, to gritty & gripping, as many Captain Scarlet episodes did a couple of years later.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                X