Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have / remember Airing Cupboards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have / remember Airing Cupboards ?

Airing cupboards, nice warm smells of fresh washing drying....
    Attached Files

Re: Do you have / remember Airing Cupboards ?

My parents house has one, but my flat doesn't, as it doesn't have a hot water tank.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Not really. Our house had a tank in a cupboard but it was too small to put washing in it. It was in the bathroom so we used it to store shampoo etc. I do remember being able to climb inside the bottom of it and closing the door behind me. Now I'm amazed that I could because it really is small.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Oh yes my parents house has always had an airing cupboard from even before i was born.

It has just such a lovely smell.

Yep discoman i think all airing cupboards look like that one.
        They have like 4 or 5 shelfs.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

We used to have an airing cupboard in our bathroom. We moved last September, now our new airing cupboard is in the big bedroom.

Comment

Yes ideal place to put bedding & towels in

Comment

Yeah we have a linen cupboard in our place. Not quite an Airing Cupboard as we don't have a Hot Water tank, we have a "Solar Heat Pump" for hot water instead.

Comment

Our/the parents airing cupboard is between the kitchen and the bathroom where ud come in the back way into the house.

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
                we used to have an airing cupboard in our bathroom. We moved last september, now our new airing cupboard is in the big bedroom.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The airing cupboard!! This brings back memories. A big thing years ago, not so much now. Always seemed to be full of bedding. Nobody was allowed to go into this cupboard without Mum's permission.
                  Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I remember it was almost impossible to get something out of an airing cupboard without creasing up the items around it.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The towels after your bath from the airing cupboard were always warm and smelt lovely

Comment

I lock Claire my gf in the airing cupboard when she annoys me & she comes out after a few hours all sweaty & smelly
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Oh my gosh! Yes! I remember airing cupboards. They were amazing.

That reminds me, who remembers curtains?

Comment

Aww my poor mam was a nervous wreck when I took to hiding in it every time she went to the loo then jumping out when she came out of the bathroom. I thought it was hilarious but she didn't.

She always had a pile of my dads undies in there hiding under the towels. She was hiding them cause he wanted her to replace the elastic in them for him and was waiting till he forgot so she could throw them away. Who replaces elastic in undies for goodness sake?

She regretted telling me this once I started recirculating them in to his drawers every so often cause I thought it would be funny.

I was a lovely child as I recall with a wicked glint in my eye

Comment

Our house had an airing cupboard in my bedroom with an immersion heater inside. Now, the heater has been moved to the loft and the wall of the cupboard knocked down to make the bedroom bigger. I remember storing boxes of comics in the airing cupboard when I was a youngster. I must have had hundreds of comics in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X