Getting lost in a big shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting lost in a big shop

Debenhams in Manchester always seems an effort to find my way round, the menswear section has a very confusing layout.

The Arndale Centre used to be tricky to get round, but the new wing joins up 2 sections to it's much easier to navigate.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Cannot recall being lost in a store myself,but do remember other kids crying with an assistant waiting for mum to turn up.Had lost my partner a few times before mobile phones were invented.

Comment

Im now in my 40's and I STILL get lost in Fenwicks (Newcastle) !! There seem to be more doors/floors/half floors every time I go!! Loved the toy depatment as a kid it seemed immense - know its much smaller now!!

Comment

i can remmember going into tescos in wakefield as a 5 year old lad,dying to get to the toy section where id lovingly stare at all the matchbox cars for 65p each-more times than none id still be standing there in a daze looking at them and my mum and dad would have wandered off-they soon came back for me though when they realised where id be

Comment

I was with my Dad at a shopping mall and got lost so I found a mall cop who was driving by in his electric golf cart and told him I was lost. So he tells me to hop on the golf cart and we'll go find my parents. And as we were riding along on our way to the security office I spotted my Dad in the crowd and then jumped off and rejoined him as if nothing happened. My Dad didn't even know that I got lost.

Comment

Not so much lost but I fell down an escalator in Shepherds (probably a Debenhams or similar now) department store around the late 60's when I was about eight in Newcastle. I was playing on the escalator having wondered off whilst my grandmother was at the till buying something
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I got lost at the seaside at about 5 years old and started crying! My family were not that far away and managed to take a photo of me crying before they came to me ! Nonwonder im mixed up eh? Lol!

Comment

Nowadays Macster that photo would have gone viral online
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

No idea how old I was, but I remember standing next to my Nan and seeing by parents way over at the other side of a store getting further and further away, but I thought it's OK my Nan is with me - I could see her from the corner of my eye.

Then I turned to say something to her and found it was a shop dummy.

I legged it over to them just as my folks were starting to get worried!

Comment

Originally posted by safclass View Post
                      Im now in my 40's and I STILL get lost in Fenwicks (Newcastle) !! There seem to be more doors/floors/half floors every time I go!! Loved the toy depatment as a kid it seemed immense - know its much smaller now!!
                      The third floor was all you needed to know. Toys! I always knew exactly how to get there. It looks tiny now but I believe it was actually a bit bigger back then.
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                      X