No announcement yet.

Working class vs middle class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went home for dinner too, there were two of us that went home. There was a lollipop lady that crossed us over the main road and when she retired the local paper did a feature on her and we had our photo taken with her for the paper.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I was at primary school at the time of the Dunblane massacre, so they upped security afterwards including restricting kids from leaving the premises at lunch time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post

Very elite. My primary school did not allow kids to leave the premises at lunch time unless there were exceptional reasons.
        I don't think so - as long as you were not late back to school in the afternoon it didn't matter.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
          I went home for dinner too, there were two of us that went home. There was a lollipop lady that crossed us over the main road and when she retired the local paper did a feature on her and we had our photo taken with her for the paper.
          One of the advantages of living within the catchment area of the schools that we went to.

I am certain that our Infant School lollipop lady gave us a Christmas card one year - reminds me of that 1990s Quality Street advert where one of them did the job in all weathers.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post

Surely upper-middle class people prefer Madeira?
            I wouldn't know - I don't drink that often.

I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Middle class people are fairly individualistic and like to question things. Working class people tend to follow the herd and not question things.

Middle class people know that school exists to teach academic subjects, but not social skills. Working class people believe that school is necessary (or even primarily exists) for teaching social skills. Ironically, upper class people believe that public schools, like Eton, exist to teach (the right type of) social skills.

Comment

Working...
              X