• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trip2themoon
    replied
    Re: What ever happened to...

Originally posted by whitewall66 View Post
    as victor lewis smith said the only double act with two straight men,saw the one without the tash on a sky poker tournament a couple of years ago

I read that review. He also mentioned that they were both in teacher training before the got into comedy. I hope their maths was better than their sense of humour (or lack there of).

Hale and Pace are the kind of comedians that you think are hilarious when you're in single digits but watching them on repeats on UK Gold you soon realise they were pretty terrible. Playground humour that always seemed to get a post-watershed airing.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied
    Re: What ever happened to Hale & Pace?

I just checked and it ran from 1988 to 1998.

Iot was a wonderfully funny show.

Leave a comment:

• fatpizzaman
    replied

I loved their No.1 hit "The Stonk". Great track with some top musos on it like Tommy Iommi, Brian May, Roger Taylor and Cozy Powell.

Sorry for the dreadful quality of the video, but it's still fun to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVIoCahD7yw

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

It says on Wiki that Norman Pace is doing a lot of theatre work, so he's still around.

Leave a comment:

• moonvisage
    replied

I saw hale and pace on bbc2 on saturday night.They were on a programme at 8.00 pm called: the story of light entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied

One of the best comedy sketches ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6VC5gdaFA

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Originally posted by marilynd04 View Post
    Hale and Pace - used to be the highlight of the week - loved the two Rons.
    they really where a very funny duo.
    i know one is in coronation street but the other fella ive never seen him in anything since.

Leave a comment:

• whitewall66
    replied
    Re: What ever happened to...

as victor lewis smith said the only double act with two straight men,saw the one without the tash on a sky poker tournament a couple of years ago

Leave a comment:

• frame
    replied

Frame.

Leave a comment:

• marilynd04
    replied

Hale and Pace - used to be the highlight of the week - loved the two Rons.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    They both live in the same village? That's a bit odd. Well, not really I suppose if they were good friends. I always like to think double acts can't stand each other off stage. I reckon even if I got on with a showbiz partner I wouldn't want to live anywhere near them.
    you say u would not want to livr bear your showbiz partner tricky.
    but it depends on how well you both get on with each other.

ant and dec they have never lived more than 2 doors away from each other in there entire acting life.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

They both live in the same village? That's a bit odd. Well, not really I suppose if they were good friends. I always like to think double acts can't stand each other off stage. I reckon even if I got on with a showbiz partner I wouldn't want to live anywhere near them.

Leave a comment:

• Brer Bunny
    replied
    I haven't talked to them, but they're well known for being friendly in the area. Seen them in the pub before.

Yeah, I loved the show as a teenager, although looking back it's a bit hit and miss with me now.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Originally posted by Brer Bunny View Post
    They now live in a small village in West Kent two villages over from me. The village is famous for its castle and its stone, which is basically a large limestone rock.

what are they like to talk with mate.
    thats if you have met them.

im just shocked the show stopped.
    it was certainly very popular with me.
    one of the funniest shows i ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Brer Bunny
    replied

They now live in a small village in West Kent two villages over from me. The village is famous for its castle and its stone, which is basically a large limestone rock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X