Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Of course, I saw Norman Pace speaking with an American accent in Hairspray the Musical at the Liverpool Empire last year - a very different role to a lot of his Hale and Pace characters.

Leave a comment:

• Victoria O'Keefe
    replied
    I much preferred Smith and Jones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Z6tv7cQmM

Leave a comment:

• CharlieBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
    Hale & Pace got lost somewhere in time and space after doing a Doctor Who. They are out there someplace with Sylvester McCoy, the Likely Lads and a load of cats.
    Lol Yes they were in the Doctor Who story Survival. I'd forgotten about that. Think there are some outtakes out there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied
    Hale & Pace got lost somewhere in time and space after doing a Doctor Who. They are out there someplace with Sylvester McCoy, the Likely Lads and a load of cats.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieBrown
    replied
    I used to see Norman Pace some mornings as he dropped his daughter (if I remember correctly) at my old school.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: What ever happened to Hale & Pace?

The final episode of the first series is worth mentioning as well. The late Sir Bruce Forsyth gets two honourable mentions in this episode - firstly, in the Billy and Johnny puberty sketch... "and that means Bruce Forsyth had a puberty on his head".

And the second mention was during the golf sketch in the second half of that episode. The Two Rons mention Brucie in another episode as well.

The golf sketch was just after the Lumpkin-land sketch (which I thought was another Billy and Johnny sketch when I first saw it), and amazingly, Pamela Armstrong makes a cameo at the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• culnara
    replied

one two drip on my shoe, three four not any more

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I recommend series 2 episode 3 of Hale and Pace (TX: Sunday 15th October 1989) - it is the funniest one of the lot.

It contains the Coca-Cola advert parody; the Guide Cat one; the "Little Joshie did a pee-pee" one; and of course, the Billy and Johnny hospital sketch. Excellent.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Hale and Pace eqauled such an amazing crazy funny double act I thought

Easily they are one of the 1990s stand-out double acts, with no doubt I think - making them pure TV Gold

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

They occupied that 10.00 pm slot on Sundays that was known for Spitting Image; Clive James/Keith Floyd/Tarrant on TV; The New Statesman; Watching; and TV Squash (satirical series from 1992). Hale and Pace was always on before The South Bank Show and on Central at least, Prisoner: Cell Block H.

No wonder I was tired and kept yawning on Monday mornings at school.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

I think Hale and Pace's show occupied the Sunday night Spitting Image slot if memory serves. I can't say I was a big fan. If they were on I would watch them but wouldn't go out of my way to do so. I put them a fair bit higher than Cannon and Ball.

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Oh ok thanks David

Leave a comment:

• davidthomas27
    replied

No, that was Harry Enfield.

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Loved Hale & Pace

Was it them with the phrase "Loadsa Money"?

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Sunday nights were brilliant when Hale and Pace were on - it made you almost forget about school the following morning.

My favourite characters were Billy and Johnny, especially the hospital sketch from series 2, "one skin, two skin, etc"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X