RIP Geoffrey Palmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Geoffrey Palmer

Dead-pan comedy actor Geoffrey Palmer has died at the age of 93 - he appeared in various sitcoms, usually playing middle-class businessman or father roles such as Butterflies - he also appeared in the Thames TV sitcom Executive Stress for one series where Peter Bowles replaced him in the second series. I know that Dame Judi Dench played his screen wife on more than one occasion.

In addition, he also appeared in various TV adverts, one of them was the "Slam in the Lamb" one in the late 1980s and early 1990s for British Lamb, parodying a cookery presenter "we haven't got ten minutes", so he had to do it on 30 seconds of course.

On a tangent, I thought it was ironic that in the Coronation Street episodes that have been seen on ITV 3 over the last couple of months, Claire Palmer's late husband was called Geoff Palmer, a near namesake.

He was one of those "I didn't know he was that old" type of people.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: RIP Geoffrey Palmer

Remembered for being Rias husband in Butterflies

Comment

Will be sadly missed
      hope there isn’t a c*ck up on the catering front at his funeral

Comment

Sad news indeed, a very familiar face for so long!

I also remember even those brief Fawlty Towers and Doctor Who appearances fondly.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

The Fawlty Towers where they are moving a deceased guest around the rooms was the one with Palmer. He was a doctor staying there and they kept taking his breakfast away from him thinking maybe something had gone off and poisoned the other guest. One of his lines was "I'm a doctor and I want my sausages!"

He had a sort of weary but mildly amused expression most of the time, didn't he?
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

VERY SAD INDEED.:cry:

THE LAST 2 WEEKS OR SO HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE FOR DEATHS.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
            X