RIP Mark Eden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Mark Eden

Mark Eden, famous for playing Alan Bradley (and also Wally Randle) in Coronation Street died on New Year's Day at the age of 92. He looked a lot younger than he was on screen - I thought that he was only around 40 when he played Bradley in the latter half of the 1980s, although he was a good 15 years older than that.

It was very ironic that he died when he did because his wife Sue Nicholls played Audrey Roberts who happened to be married to Alf Roberts, who had also died during the early hours of Friday 1st January in 1999. Nicholls was married to Eden, and he also died during the early hours of Friday 1st January in 2021. It wasn't a Blackpool tram at fault this time thank goodness, but it was from natural causes.

On screen, Nicholls and Eden were limited to communal scenes such as the Rovers or the Corner Shop - ironically, their apposing spouse characters, Alf proposed to Rita in 1985 on the first day that he had reopened his modernised Corner Shop. Nicholls and Eden did not get married until the 1990s when Eden had left the series.

A great actor, especially during the 1989 Corrie episodes when he was terrorising Rita and took a job as a builder on the Maurice Jones building site.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Sad news. I remember him on Corrie, his fictional daughter Jenny has been back on it for awhile.

Eden was also Marco Polo in that very early Doctor Who most of us will have never seen as it's 'missing presumed wiped'.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
    X