RIP Legandary irish Singer Sinead O' Conner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Legandary irish Singer Sinead O' Conner

Who found fame doing a cover version of Prince's Nothing Compares 2 U in 1990 has sadly passed away aged 56

i think it is fair to say that that was a song of a Generation - eg 1990 -2000 .... one that would always be picked for any compelation (let alone a year from a Decade)

Just like Enya with Orinoco Flow and Boyzone and Westlife after - it is true "hauntingly good Irish Pop Music" at it's very with much Celtic vibes flowing through imho

RIP Sinead O'conner

Such a great talent to leave us at such a young age - switching around the DAB stations on Thursday while waiting for the people to service my boiler, I counted at least three radio stations that played Nothing Compares 2 U as a tribute. My late mother was the same as her when she passed away as well and so I can understand what it is like to lose someone of that age.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Nadie stood up for the children when no other adult dared to.

Now vindicated.
      https://rewoundradio.com/

Comment

Very sad to hear that news.

What i didnt know is her son took his own life last year.

R i p sinead
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          Very sad to hear that news.

What i didnt know is her son took his own life last year.

R i p sinead
          Had'nt Sinead got an awesome voice though hey Darren!! That Nothing Compares 2 U, is like where you was the day you heard Princes diana had passed on or for older people, where they was when JFK died.

I'll always view it the same way - where I was when I first heard it (not in a warped way0 but it is one of those things like Princes Diana and JFK that made the later half of the last Century for us growing up I feel

Comment

Working...
          X