RIP David soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP David soul

David was famous for his Starsky and Hutch role/part, has passed away aged 80 years old

Also though he was a very good singerif I recall right from memory

RIP David Soul

Sad to hear such news.
    I Recollect watching Starsky and Hutch in the 70s. It use to be my my favourite: only second to The Six Million Dollar Man

Comment

I have been singing "Don't give up on us baby" all day today...RIP

Comment

I would think of David Soul more as a singer rather than an actor by virtue of frequently hearing his songs on the radio rather than watching Starsky and Hutch which was more or less before my time. He did have a good dabble at the charts, scoring two number ones in 1977 and a couple of other hits in 1978. It seemed to have been the trend to have the first name of David if you were a 1970s pop star (cf, Bowie, Cassidy and Essex).

My sister had a poster of Soul which I think was a pullout from either Jackie or My Guy magazine, although back then, I would probably more interested in the blank part on the other side of the poster instead for drawing on... I had to admit that I was quite young back then and I hardly knew who Soul was back then.

Nice that Gold played Don't Give Up on Us last week during their Destination Midnight part - a great tribute although I had a feeling that they were going to play it anyway.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X