Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

Rule 768: Don't go to school for Health and Safety reasons - (well, I did go through a "school refusal" and "school phobia" phrase from Year 10 onwards).
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

If we wore Button Down Shirts like Ben Sherman ("chancing" it instead of an ordinary Asda etc Shirt and hiding "said Ben Sherman Logo" we had to have/do the Buttons down too!

Another was no Coloured T-Shirts or in-particular like Red Footy shirts showing under a White School Shirt!!

As my first Secondary gave you an amazing choice of White, Grey or Sky Blue Shirts - me being me .... I'd sure have relished the challenge to gottan round that contravention of the rules!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post

It was so your tie looked like a thin tie. If you had the fat part showing behind it you'd not get the same effect.
        Very true like the (I think their name) was pin stripe Ties of the era, but regardless a bit of the big side would always be seen unless tucked in your Top Button M mate!

Comment

We had to wear aprons in metal/woodwork so the tie in the machinery wasn't so much of an issue. I seem to remember the workshops also being cold all the time so jumpers were also a necessity and helped with the tie control situation, although my Pierre Cardin cardigan wasn't much cop at holding the tie in as the neck line was quite low.
          How you mean here Mulletino??

Comment

It was so your tie looked like a thin tie. If you had the fat part showing behind it you'd not get the same effect.
            Unless you used the top button for this purpose I would say that this was near-on impossible to achieve to be fair Mulletino!

Comment

We had many silly rules we would be piulled up/busted over -eg Blazer Badge not ironed on perfect or Shirt out or Top Button not done up or swapping School Trousers for Farrahs/Cords .... but never for doing your tie skinny!! Why??

Comment

Not being allowed to wear/show coloured T Shirts under your School Shirt and Footy ones certainly being a no-no

The first time I recall this was a sort of mate doing a Green Liverpool shirt - where the V on it just showed - I must admit though Kids today these days it must be awesome who they do this with loads of Shirt buttons not fastened, like after playing footy at lunch

Comment

Another 1 - unless you was on the Football/rugby Teams we was'nt allowed flash-colourfull football/Rugby Boots - which was understandable I guess price-wise etc but why let it be ok for the Top Team Players and not normal PE Footy - that stinks a lot to me Lol

Comment

Must admit I had not thought of it as/like so Muletino, as I thought as long as it was tucked in (seen a bit otr not when tucked in0 that it did'nt really matter did it?! Or am I wrong?

Comment

Never going in in your Blazer after Year 9 was cool (or Jumper at my 2nd School) which acted as our Blaer

Funny we got told off for both these (Blazer at 1st Secondary) too, but less freqently our Ties skinny side out Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X