Billiards and Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billiards and Pool

Did anyone else spend a lot of time playing Billiards and Pool at secondary school?

We were lucky enough to have a Billiard Room.

Re: Billiards and Pool

Pocket billiards perhaps �� Although we had a recreation area I can't remember a pool table
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I think that Meera Syal try to put the other version of Pocket Billiards into Room 101.

There was a "unit" at the Comprehensive School which could have been a youth club thing which either had a snooker or pool table there.
      Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Comment

No ... i don't think we did but Drinks Machines etc yes we did and we had the Army Cadets based in my 2nd Secondary with a Rifle Range we used in Activities Week in Year 9 (3rd year) which we found rather cool and in when given "said produced booklet" for Activities Week

As a Countryside kind of Guy I have attended a fair few Colleges with several views totaking up (possibly) though it never worked out, taking up Horticultural and Equine Studies and i have discovered tons of Snooker and Billiard Rooms this-a-way (which takes me back to be a 13 year old and My Parents being Stewards of a Club) and having "Free Runs" on the Tables in the Holidays and at Weekends prior to all day opening - which gave me a Head start in such games for when I was 18/21 playing casually (not as I was a 147-er) by any means no way, but it brought me a friendship with the Games that I appreciated!!

80sChav

Comment

I'd like to go to a school with a billiards room!

I used to find myself watching it on tv, but they must be hiding the coverage at hours I don't watch or something now. There were some amazingly skilled players.

I've not played much nor been any good myself, although there was a billiards computer game I used to like playing. It had authentic sounds and looked like a real green felt table. I'd forgotten about that game until just now. You could type in the name for the computer run opponent and I would type in Hitler.

Nothing like beating old Adolph in a game! Did the same with a bowling game.
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Pity that billiards or pool were not part of PE lessons - after all, they were sports, weren't they?
            Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Comment

Working...
            X