School Dentist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School Dentist

Wasn't too fussed about the school dentist. Best thing, though, was when someone from the local health authority came round preaching about dental health, and they gave out those little red disclosing tablets that made your mouth, teeth and gums change colour! Seem to remember getting a free toothbrush too.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

i remember when they examined your teeth the equipment tasted of washing up liquid yuck!!They only examined at my school i had my own dentist!.The school was only going to let me nip out to the dentist then come straight back!Stuff that i had the rest of the after noon off!Rebel!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I remember getting a chart to tick when I had cleaned my teeth, so I would remember to brush twice a day.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i cannot remember having a school dentist.
          and i started school around 78 79.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

We used to get disclosing tablets and a Colgate toothbrush and mini toothpaste. It was like Xmas. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cardains View Post
              We used to get disclosing tablets and a Colgate toothbrush and mini toothpaste. It was like Xmas. Lol.
              Lol totally agree with that, we did too
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by cardains View Post

Same here.

I remember the gas mask at the dentist - horrible!
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                  Same here.

I remember the gas mask at the dentist - horrible!
                  Never ever had gas, quite a relief after all the horror stories I heard about it
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                    The school dentist has scarred me for life,I can never forget the smell of the gas or how they shouted at me to bite down on something :cry: I was only six or seven at the time,I'm going to have a tooth out on June 1st and even though I'll be awake I'm still bricking it
                    Yup, same with me, I have a vauge memory of going to the Dentist for the first time, and a very Vivid one the second ( pain does that to you )
                    Gas, gas ??? what's that ?? nah.. it was big needles, and drill's that make a sound like an aeroplane taking off ( I can still hear him to this day telling me that ) oh, and dont forget the excrutiating pain
                    I think it was that second visit that the dentist slapped me because I was in such a state bawling my eye's out I was only 6 ffs
                    I wish He was still here today, I would give Him a such a Slapping
                    took me years to get over my fear of dentist's and I would only go when the pain got unbearable

Got a brilliant dentist now tho

I still wonder how the ell they know what you are saying when they have thier fingers down your mouth tho
                    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

i think dentists forget when u are real young and u go for the first time u are nervous.
                      seeing the needle etc.

it is scary going to these places for the first time.
                      they should be as nice as possible to make it as stressless as possible.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

our school dentist just prodded your teeth with a sharp then sent you back to class with one of those tablets that dyed everyones teeth pink even if they had the perfect glow white teeth of an american t v star
                        in fact i dont think he was even a dentist because im sure he was the same bloke that came a week later with the nit comb and disinfectant to check everyones hair

Comment

Yuk the school dentist with the mirror and prodder in the glass of horrible tasting white disinfectant stuff. Loved the Mr Punch toothpaste and brush we got though.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember the gas masks. As soon as the dentist was done you were whipped out of the dentist chair quick and sat on a chair outside. Then me mum dragged you round the town feeling terrible - wouldn't be allowed today.

Comment

I don't remember having any treatment done at school but I certainly remember getting knocked out at the 'proper' dentists, although I'm sure I had an injection in my arm rather than a gas mask. I remember waking up with the room spinning and my mum having to prop me up as I attempted to stagger home.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Ahh the school dentist!!!!! I remember the blue mobile dentist van pulling in to the school grounds and being filled(no pun lol) with dread,they always seemed just as strict as the teachers lol

Comment

Working...
                                X