School Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange School Rules

I meant the year Thought you were an 80's child...

Edit my mistake
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Year 7 was alright, but in year 8 we got an amsolute meglomaniac in charge who was determined that the school would be turned around from being "Alright" to downright brutal perfection. Most people took it with a pinch of salt, as by year 10 we had enough lads with long hair to start a prog rock revival! :P It tended to be the PE and music teachers that used to tell kids how bad they were, My English, Chemistry and engineering teashers were great, genuinly happy memories of thursdays where I had double engineering (Playing with tools) and double chemistry (Playing with chemicals)
      If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

No problem HG, I was born in the 90s, raised like the 80s! :P

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          Some very odd rules here mate.
          thet eachers acrtually said you where rubbish at everything.WOW.
          i never had rules saying how long are hair could be.
          We sure never had a planner.

But yes i can remember the teacher following me if i had to go to the toilet that made me feel strange and uneasy.
          We had all these too. What difference a Planner make if it has been signed or not is daft to me!

Comment

By year 10 we had all stopped caring, teachers and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
              By year 10 we had all stopped caring, teachers and all.

It sounds like as well as it was a School tough on rules, it was not enforced at all too!

Comment

Some great teachers really enthusiastic about the subject (Like my old English teacher who for some reason decided that it was a great idea to spend half a lesson talking about how he used to be a butler for a Swedish opera singer, we didn't mind! ), with some incredibly evil teachers (French, Music and PE), and the people at the top all bickering with one another. Oh well, I survived.

Comment

How long have things like ofsted inspections been in place? It seems as though schools are hell bent on their grading and place in the league tables these days rather than anything else.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

It's all schools are bothered about now, couldn't care less about anything apart from their place in the league tables. About a week before they cane to inspect we were told to be on our best behaviour and any shenanigans was severly punished.

One of my mates is doing an apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering, and as such him and about a dozen others go to a local collage for coursework every monday. Last monday it was a sit in session for an ofsted inspector. Bearing in mind these were 19 - 23 year olds, the inspector was so agitated by the end that he stood up and stormed out of the class announcing that it was "The worst class he had seen in 25 years by a long margin.".

My mate rang me up straight afterwards in hysterics saying that he had broken an ofstead inspector!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      How long have things like ofsted inspections been in place? It seems as though schools are hell bent on their grading and place in the league tables these days rather than anything else.
                      I can remember before league tables came along my school at least concentrated on exam results so it could keep it's record of having the best exam results of state schools in County Durham. They tried to "encourage" me to leave half way through sixth form.

League tables were introduced in the mid 90's I believe.
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

It's all schools are bothered about now, couldn't care less about anything apart from their place in the league tables. About a week before they cane to inspect we were told to be on our best behaviour and any shenanigans was severly punished.

One of my mates is doing an apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering, and as such him and about a dozen others go to a local collage for coursework every monday. Last monday it was a sit in session for an ofsted inspector. Bearing in mind these were 19 - 23 year olds, the inspector was so agitated by the end that he stood up and stormed out of the class announcing that it was "The worst class he had seen in 25 years by a long margin.".

My mate rang me up straight afterwards in hysterics saying that he had broken an ofstead inspector!

It's really funny this ... I mean yeah i'm all for a bit of jovial-ness and horseplay. To a certain degree it's par of the course, but some of these inspectors are so rigid as I often had them when I went to College full time. They really need to join the land of the living when possiblle instead of beinmg in their grey suits (the generaly wear i've ofen noted) and having no smile etc etc!

Comment

I think they're of the opinion that "Children should be seen and not heard!"

Comment

I think they're of the opinion that "Children should be seen and not heard!"

Yeah - Oftsead has created more touble for School's with Leauge Tables than could be imagined. Though I guess the goverment had good intentions creating Ofstead at one hour of day/with the duty's that Ofstead would do.

Comment

Was your School strict

At my first Secondary School we often got threatend with detentions for anything and everything but somehow we managed to avoid them, unless the real bad crowd landed the rest of the Form or Lesson in it. What about other members and your School's, if your School/s went about saying you'd have a detention?

80sChav

Comment

Re: Was your School strict

Plenty of detentions even threatened with the cane on a couple of occations.Made to run around the school field several times untill told to stop was a fav of one of our dreaded pe teachers.More then once I got the lines in detention untill the teacher decided it was time to go.I got this for not doing my lines at home.Naughty me,lol.

There were other times and other punishments...

Comment

Working...
                                X