School in the evenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School in the evenings

Tarleton High School in Lancashire has a swimming pool which was open to the local community outside of school hour.

Also the school football team would play other schools at weekends either home or away
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Re: School in the evenings

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      Does anyone have any recollection of their school being used 'out of hours'?

In the mid 70s, my mum used to go to my junior school once a week to play badminton. I remember it being very important to her.

Then there was the famous school barn dance and beetle drive.

Not really unless it was at my Primary School (but I have sketchy memories) of some events may-be taking place!! As for my Secondary Schools - the first was in the middle of an Eastate with a fairy bad name and probably would have been deemed too rough to open at nigh - let alone day-tme as vandals would embrace the place at night anyway! My 2nd Secondary School though - the Head was to in love with the sound of his own voice to let alone consider letting the PTA allow such events. Though what and why though regards my Primary I'm unsure Marine Boy (though my memories are possibly of some event) but as I say what - is the million pound question though!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
      X