Worst (Funniest?) Thing I Did At School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Oh no"

I was only ever sick at school once and that was in church! We were practising our nativity play at the church across the road one afternoon and a bout of sickness passed through us, starting with the girl behind me who at first i thought was peeing herself when I heard the splatter on the floor. It wasn't long before I was crouched over a cardboard box saying hello again to my lunch, during the afternoon there was a steady stream of kids sent back to school after being sick.

I think it was this experience which started my life long phobia of all things vomit, it still makes my stomach turn seeing someone being sick now.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I'm ok seeing others vomit now but hated it when I was younger and feared being sick myself. It might be because I wasn't sick until I was about 6 or 7. Even as a baby I never threw up and my gran always said I had a cast iron stomach as I could put any old rubbish away with no ill effects. Unfortunately I later found my nemesis in wine.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

To add to your sick collection, I was feeling a bit ill, so I went to the school office where I sat down and was given a bucket. After a few minutes, still feeling sick, but bored, I placed the bucket (empty) on my head, and the teacher walked in and said 'you're not really ill are you', so I was marched back.

On the way back, I felt the urge to be sick, I told her, she didn't believe me and I threw up over HER and MYSELF!

I was so embarrassed. She didn't look so happy lol, she just stood there at first lmao. Oops!
        Being positive will make you happy.

99% of your problems will be fixed, so CALM DOWN and breeeaaath

Comment

I moved to a new school when I was 7. Late on my first day and feeling really ill the headmistress took me into my new classroom and while she was introducing me to the class I was sick. She went beserk and threw me about like a ragdoll! I remember the teacher and kids looking shocked and scared.

After she'd had an hour or two to think about it she came back and called me out to the front. All the while she was telling the class that she realized she'd overreacted and we were friends now the old witch was digging her fingernails as hard as she could into the backs of my knees.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
            I moved to a new school when I was 7. Late on my first day and feeling really ill the headmistress took me into my new classroom and while she was introducing me to the class I was sick. She went beserk and threw me about like a ragdoll! I remember the teacher and kids looking shocked and scared.

After she'd had an hour or two to think about it she came back and called me out to the front. All the while she was telling the class that she realized she'd overreacted and we were friends now the old witch was digging her fingernails as hard as she could into the backs of my knees.
            Hi Claudine.

Thats terrible where acting all nice and acting sorry and her at the same time being bad to you.

did u ever tell the rst of the class what was really doing to you while being sorry.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Hi Darren,
              No I never told anyone. Everyone else seemed to think it was a one-off aberration and that she was lovely. She wasn't.

Comment

Re: Worst (Funniest?) Thing I Did At School

it wasnt actually myself that did it but i was there when it happened

a friend of mine had some bangers (fireworks) he lit one in a class with the intention of throwing it out of the window but the window was closed for a start and the fuse was shorter then we expected before he could do anything it just went off in his hand we just stood there creased up with laughter with the exploded firework still smoking in his hand and the class room blackened with smoke it was like a scene from the road runner when the dynamite goes off and the coyote is left standing there with a blackened face a a stream of smoke is rising from a flattened dynamite stick
                we both got a right grilling from the headmaster for our stupidity (rightly so) and had several days of detention to think about are sillyness
                but even now over 30 years later i often burst out laughing when picturing him standing there with this surprised expression and singed eyebrows and waffs of smoke from his still outstretched fist

disclaimer.....there are of course horror stories of kids being burnt and horribly injured so i dont condone playing with fire works

Comment

some one in our class - shall remain nameless - taped the phone to the ceiling - so when it rang (usually from the school office) the teacher looked really puzzled and couldnt see the phone above her head - you had to be there to appreciate it.

Comment

I guess the siliest thing I did was once after PE kept my Trakkies on but put on the Tracksuit Top too(which was my Coat0, got aright rollocking for it! Kids 2day would find this no object I guess!

Comment

worst thing i did was well its more embarrassing actually.

when i was in home economics my button flew off my trousers and down they came,thing was i was commando but i quickly pulled them up with a beetroot coloured face and the lady teacher sewed it on.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

when i was in home economics my button flew off my trousers and down they came,thing was i was commando but i quickly pulled them up with a beetroot coloured face and the lady teacher sewed it on.
                        LOL!!!! crack up!

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears View Post
                          Not me, but another kid this.

We had to remember the Ten Commandments in a religious studies test, and the teacher, who was a right fire-and-brimstone nutter, said to one lad 'You've got them all wrong!'. To which the lad replied 'I've got them all right, but not necessarily in the right order!'. So the teacher picked this lad up by the lapels and said 'so you think you're Eric Morecambe do you?'. At this point we're all laughing as we think the teacher's just going to slap his cheeks or something. But all of a sudden he started shaking the poor lad violently, and threw him to the floor, knocking over the lad's chair. The whole class went silent. We never heard from this lad in class again.

Which was a shame, as earlier that year, when the English teacher was looking for props for a play he was putting on with us, he asked if any of us had a scarf for one of the characters to wear. The play was set in the 19th century, so the teacher was bemused when our friend put his hand up and said "I've got a Police scarf." The teacher (who was in his 50s at least) asked "what, that has black and white checks on?" To which the lad replied quick as a flash "No, a drawing of Sting and Stewart Copeland." This teacher didn't even understand what we were laughing at.

I wish I'd been that witty at eleven.
                          Thats both funny but also not nice. Some teachers are awful people. Theres part of me that thinks yep, its the culture of the time when teachers could act on such cheek from a kid and 'teach 'em a lesson there and then', short, sharp shock, no more messing about from you me laddo; but then I think it didn't deserve that sort of thing. We had a horrid French teacher who'd be really jovial and would end up with us mucking about as well but then he'd flip and go ape and even pull hair or shake someone. He'd even slate you with awful ranting over some problem you may have told him about-he didn't think when he was angry....He pulled my hair once having gotten in a rag over someone not understanding the 'nous' and 'tu' parts of 'etre' having got in a strop with me earlier in a lesson-bloody hurt as well. Then around the time I was being bullied he berated me so loudly in front of the WHOLE school library (which he ran also) at lunch time over having two library cards....He said 'AND DON'T COME SOBBING TO ME ABOUT BEING BULLIED-AND DON'T COME IN HERE AGAIN! GET OUT!'-He took my only safe place from lunchtime bullying for the rest of my time there...Years later I always felt like having a go at him for that and on one occasion I was in a foul mood, saw him at a bus stop and told him what I thought of him-he didn't get angry and bite back, oh no...showed he was a coward. I'm glad I said what I did. I won't repeat it here but it was extremely rude but men like that deserve it....

Comment

Originally posted by shazzabanazza View Post
                            LOL!!!! crack up!
                            thought you would like that.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

OMG darren, you poor thing... I'm not laughing... really... I'm not... much
                              Because in a split second, it's gone
                              Ayrton Senna WDC 1988,1990 & 1991 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F1fangirl View Post
                                OMG darren, you poor thing... I'm not laughing... really... I'm not... much
                                great aint it.
                                i can hear you trying not to laugh
                                everytime i think of it i laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X