worst football kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: worst football kit?

I think the latest Toon away strip takes some beating in the 'no way they're wearing that!' stakes

Custard Creams?

Comment

Anyone else think David James looks pretty in pink?
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
        Can I just say Branny that you are very welcome to Adebayor and I really hope he delivers for you.
        So far so good. Played 2, scored 2 and he's putting a shift in.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
          So far so good. Played 2, scored 2 and he's putting a shift in.
          Well there you go. He obviously needed a change of scenery!

Can I just mention the great start to the season for my boys?
          sigpic

Comment

Played 3 scored 3.

Kaz, how the hell did your boys manage to lose that on Saturday? We've got Arsenal and Utd next 2. I know which one i'm more concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
              Played 3 scored 3.

Kaz, how the hell did your boys manage to lose that on Saturday? We've got Arsenal and Utd next 2. I know which one i'm more concerned about.
              Gutted. We threw it away. ( Don't mention Eduardo!)

Man U really miss Ronaldo. You could beat them, but good luck when you meet us!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                Gutted. We threw it away. ( Don't mention Eduardo!)

Man U really miss Ronaldo. You could beat them, but good luck when you meet us!
                Re Eduardo, I don't like cheating but the diving has been going on for years so why single him out? If it had been brought in 20 years ago Klinsmann would have been permanently banned.

Not seen much to be scared of with United but Arsenal are playing some very good stuff so far. We've been quite fortunate with our clean sheets and I think the Arsenal game might just be a bit too early in the season for us.

Comment

maybe we should change the name of this thread to the arsenal and man city fan club.
                  "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Sorry, you're right Steve!

You're welcome to pm me with any further footy discussions Branny.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
                      maybe we should change the name of this thread to the arsenal and man city fan club.
                      I object. I want the Man City and Arsenal fan club.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                        Worst football kit?
                        I left junior school in 1977,and was in the school football team during 1976/1977.
                        I got an England football kit in the early 70's,the Admiral one.White body with Red/blue
                        stripped collar and cuffs,with a red/blue strip down the arms.it was the 1974 strip(best one ever IMHO).
                        great quality and looked fab,BUT,our school strip was the worst in the league.
                        Looked like something Stanley Matthews used to wear!
                        Red/Black hooped socks! Grey (previously Black) shorts,long in the leg,and the shirts were half red/Half Black (gray)
                        button up the front shirt types!
                        No-one in the Leagues had worn this sort of kit since the very early 70's(71),and it was embarrassing to be seen in.
                        Although there was a certain amount of pride playing for your school team,the kit was hideous.
                        Anyone else have anything similar?(from the same era I mean,obviously If you played earlier
                        you would have had a similar kit)..looked like something out of 'Kes'
                        Found the school team picture! Looks like they got the best kit out for the photoshoot

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                          Found the school team picture! Looks like they got the best kit out for the photoshoot

There's nowt wrong with that kit. I prefer the plain old style type which is why Man Citys current shirt is my favourite since the 70's. Why have you got 2 jockeys in the team though and whats going on with the socks? Is it a barbarians type thing? The teacher looks like HR Giger.

Comment

I was also thinking the goal keepers' shirts looked a bit out of place compaired to the outfield players' strip.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I have no idea why the picture was taken in that yellow kit. The usual kit was the "jockey" one

Comment

I had a good book out from the library a few weeks ago which had a pictorial history of football strips. Some of the early ones were quite quirkly in regards to colours & styles of shirts.

The above "racing silks" wouldn't look that out of place until the 1920s - 30s. Things seemed to settle down until some oddball designs (mostly away strips & keepers shirts) came about in the 1980s.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X