Amstrad Studio 100 and other midi systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amstrad Studio 100 and other midi systems

Ok own up, who wanted one. These midi systems where suppose to be to notch at the time but got my hands on one in the 90`s and it wasn`t as good as it let on lol. Also need a little help trying to locate a model number for a philips midi system that came out around late 80`s from the great universal cataloge. Had a turntable, radio and twin tape decks. 3 band graphic equalizer. The model up from it had a mic input for dubbing.

Re: Amstrad Studio 100 and other midi systems

I wanted one. No idea what the sound quality would have been like, but I'd have killed for a four track back in those days.
    I did get a proper Fostex four track in 1988, which cost a small fortune at the time

Last edited by sixtyten; 14-01-2010, 10:28.

Comment

I had a really nice Ferguson hifi system in about 1983. I got it for Xmas. It was in a wooden cabinet with a glass door but the whole unit slid out of the cabinet and wasn't fixed in like the Amstrad and Fidelity ones. The sound quality was really good too!
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

We had one of those Amstrad fake stack systems in the cabinet with a glass door, made more to look like a piece of furniture than a hi fi.
        I seem to remember my parents bought it in Rumbelows.

It was a bit like this but had a double tape deck that we thought was really cutting edge.
        Last edited by Paulos; 02-03-2010, 16:46.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
          We had one of those Amstrad fake stack systems in the cabinet with a glass door, made more to look like a piece of furniture than a hi fi.
          I seem to remember my parents bought it in Rumbelows.

It was a bit like this but had a double tape deck that we thought was really cutting edge.
          My gran had one of those for years, I used to be impressed by the automatic recorder player arm.

I once time I was there I bought some 2nd hand singles & played them on the turntable, but forgot to set the disc size back to 12".

Afterwards she was wondering why it kept playing her LPs from the middle!
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My father directed that commercial!

Comment

I'd like to find a picture of my first hifi. It was a panasonic with the obligatory turntable, double cassette deck, radio dial and equaliser slider buttons. It was made of black ash wood (very 80's!) with a black plastic front and *I think* green markings where the equaliser was and perhaps some orange markings too. It also had a smokey brown transparent plastic lid over the turntable. It didn't come with a cabinet. Mine came with a black ash stand that had black metal legs. Bought in the spring of 1989 and very well loved by me. I had it for donkey's years!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Anything like this one?

Comment

I remember buying an Amstrad stack system Hi-Fi with tower speakers back in 1985 with my University Grant money! It looked the business in its smoke-tinted glass fronted wooden cabinet....but what a pile of **** it turned out to be! Turn-table played too slow and had all the tracking ability of a greasy chop-stick! Tape deck frequently devoured my tapes, the only decent thing about it was the radio! Seem to remeber it had some interesting "features" however, I have yet to see "rumble filters" and "scratch filters" on any other make of sound equipment! Alan Sugar is a bloody crook and should be shot and he can sue me for saying that cause I aint boverred!

Comment

My old fells upgraded from a GEC music centre to the first Philips midi sytem with a cd player (cost around £320 in 1987). The cd player was ok but everything else was very basic. The record deck was first to go. Either the motor or the belt went because records wouldn't play at the correct speed. He didn't bother repairing it, it just went in the bin.
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                      Anything like this one?

Very very similar! Mine didn't have the LCD bit on the front and some of the buttons look a bit different, but it's definitely from the same range. Brilliant!
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

I still have the Sharp VZ1610 Midi system that I bought in 1987. It had an interesting feature of being able to play both sides of the disc, the arm being power driven and when it reached the centre of the record, lifting the tone arm, then tracking to the opposite side of the disc before flipping under it. Whilst this was happening, the turntable would stop then start to rotate in the opposite direction.
                        The FM radio has all but given up (I suspect a dry joint) but the two tape decks and the turntable still work, although I had to replace the drive belt about 10 years ago when the original perished

Comment

I still have my Mums Amstrad Hi Fi system. Its a lot like the pic of the one posted with the fake wood panels and smoked glass door...I want to get rid of it as I've already binned the speakers. Anyone want it?

Comment

this ferguson studio 1000 belongs to my mum. i think she bought it in 1982 from the telebank. it's not been used since 1986.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19062011121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	259955

Comment

Wow. That's really nice big kid!
                              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                              X