No announcement yet.

Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fave radio station is one of our local ones called Energy FM. Lots of music on there, comps where you can phone/text/email in to win prizes and such. I love it I used to like Radio 1 but havnt listened to it for a while. Carpark Catchphrase used to crack me up!
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I used to love Talk Radio (now Talksport) listening to a presenter called "Ceaser the Geezer" winding everyone up lol and especially listening to Ian Collins and the Creatures of the Night. They had features called "Who's Talking Cack" and "****** Of The Week" and the Creatures had names like "Kev The Wondersheep" and "Miff The Merciless" it was a great laugh

They don't do that anymore :cry:

I also listened to Diana Luke whom I consider "The Sexiest Voice On Radio" I remember lying in bed late at night listening to her on Radio 2, wishing that they didn't play any music so that all I could hear was her voice.

I used to keep up with her when she changed stations, but I've since lost her because the last I knew, she moved to Hallam FM which I can't get.

Comment

Fab 208! under the bedclothes..
        I too was a late night listener in the mid 70's, the powerplay,hairspray ads,bad reception..those were the days!!

Comment

My mate Sniff must have been one of the first kids I knew to have one of those big Tv/Radio/Cassette player things, he carried it round everywhere he went.

Comment

tinny transistor under the bedcovers, trying to tune into anything in english. You finally found a song in english and when it finishes the DJ starts gibbering in some indeterminable language you've never heard before or since. ... Happy days.

Comment

radio under the blankets, and comics by torchlight, heaven.

Comment

Re: Radio

Anyone else remember when the presenters/D.J's sounded old like your dad,now they sound like a friend or your brother/sister ,or even worse Niece or Nephew. wahaaaa.:cry: I dont yet have to say kids.PHEW
                Last edited by sixtyten; 23-06-2007, 00:38.
                Heather

Comment

I remember when Atlantic 252 came out with Kevin Kevin and Dusty Roads and Robin Banks, all the dj's had stupid names. But these days I love Chris moyles and Vernon Kaye on a Sunday. My local stations too - Radio Cumbria and CFM
                  Last edited by andria; 28-03-2007, 21:25.
                  "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Lazer 558,Radio Pussycat,Radio Jackie!

Comment

Originally posted by andria View Post
                      I remember when Atlantic 252 came out with Kevin Kevin and Dusty Roads and Robin Banks, all the dj's had stupid names. But these days I love Chris moyles and Vernon Kaye on a Sunday. My local stations too - Radio Cumbria and CFM

I remember Atlantic.... for a while it was the best radio station around but then i stopped listening and i hadnt for years until yesterday! (spooky init)

It sounded naff the Dj was blatantly from Yorkshire trying to do a hip American accent
                      sigpic

Comment

mine was radio luxembourg !!!!!!!!
                        Gentleman of a certain age me thinks !

Used to listen Sunday nights especially ........ Funky disco countdown and trying to tape it without the presenters taling all over it !!!!!!!

one I particularly rememebr was searching by Change

Comment

Radio..
                          Lordy, where do you start?
                          as we all know, our memory can link certain smells,sounds, all kinds of things to an era, or date,year,etc.
                          I was a Radio Luxembourg listener, under covers sometimes, but as I went to bed far earlier than the rest of my family, normally just a radio playing in the room.
                          The static,hiss,silvarkrin hairspray ads,Emperor Rosco, the power play,
                          all good memories
                          My big " timewarp" is Roberta Flack's "Killing me softly"

As soon as I hear that song, I'm back to a world of fab 208, my tiny old bedroom and Spiderman comics

Why Spiderman??

The first UK Spiderman comics weekly (with the free mask/or flyer from next edition) had just been issued..
                          and it was the ONLY time in my life, we had a paperboy deliver it on day of publication.

HAPPY DAYS!!

Comment

Southern Counties Radio used to play that to death when it was out (1994)
                            one hit wonder Josuha Kadison

Comment

I used to have a really old wooden radio that lit up and was about 2 foot wide which I used to listen to under the bed and pretend I was in a spaceship.

Also remember when Essex Radio was first launched and you used to be able to go into their building at Southend and write request/dedication slips (like you used to in clubs) which they'd read out on air.

Comment

Mum always listened to Radio 2 so that's what I grew up with. Pete Murray, Waggoner's Walk, etc. and that's what I still listen to now (with a bit of deviation to Radio 4). I'd go to Capital on a Saturday lunchtime for Kenny Everett and Captain Kremmen and if I was listening under the covers of a nighttime I'd scan the short wave for odd foreign stations and exotic sounding forces radio.

http://www.radiorewind.co.uk

is a great place if you grew up with Radio 1 or just fancy a quick trip back to the 70s. Lots of clips!

Comment

Working...
                                X