President John F. Kennedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

Why do I find him being called "Dick Nixon" amusing?

Was he ever called Dick officially? I thought he was always called Richard.
    40 years ago, Walter Mondale was called Fritz or Fritz Mondale, even by his running mate in the VP debates. Today most people just call him Walter Mondale. Similarly, I think we will only see William Clinton in coming decades.
    https://rewoundradio.com/

Comment

Jimmy Carter was almost never called James, even when he was sworn in!
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Again, as has happened with Mondale and likely will happen with Clinton, James Carter will show up more and more in the decades after Carter goes to the Great Peanut Farm in the Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria O'Keefe View Post

40 years ago, Walter Mondale was called Fritz or Fritz Mondale, even by his running mate in the VP debates. Today most people just call him Walter Mondale. Similarly, I think we will only see William Clinton in coming decades.
          There was someone called Nicki Dixon who made the news a few years ago, which sounds like a transposed "Dick(y) Nixon".
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Is spirit airlines safe could be a low-priced airline based in Miramar, Florida. It was founded in 1964 as Clipper Trucking Company
            Want to know why is summer better than winter? Find out here with explanations for each benefit. From outdoor activities, get equipped

Comment

"what [JFK] did during the Cuban Missile Crisis was an incredible exercise of leadership and remaining cool under the most intense pressure imaginable. But JFK also was responsible for allowing the Bay of Pigs debacle to take place, escalated American military involvement in Vietnam, was complicit in the coup that overthrew (and led to the assassination of) South Vietnamese President Diem, was overly cautious when it came to gaining concrete achievements in civil rights, and had a difficult time getting most of his policy goals through the legislature. And he was only President for 1,036 days, so he was also limited by the brevity of his time in the White House.

I think JFK probably would have been a great President with many important legislative achievements if he hadn’t been murdered. But the hope and inspiration of his election, the power of his eloquence, and the attraction of his young, charismatic family were frozen in time when he was assassinated, but his actual Presidential accomplishments had not yet caught up with the image of him that the world was left with."

Comment

Working...
              X