Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

Hi there, I'm 46, new to the site, and loving it!
    I'm in the process of clearing my dad's house after he passed away suddenly and unexpectedly two weeks before Christmas, and as it's the home I grew up in, I'm finding it a painful experience, to say the least.
    However, one of the good things is that I've found so many of my old toys and books - Ladybird books priced at 2'6D - as well as dolls, which has given me the strength to "go on."
    Why is it that the past always seems so much better than today? And I say that despite being happily married, and having so much to be thankful for...
    I'm looking forward to exploring the site a bit more - I've mostly been enjoying the "Toys" section up to press - and I thank everyone for making me feel so welcome (and normal) already.

Re: Hello everyone!

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad but happy to know you are enjoying the memories. There is a Ladybird Books thread if you are interested.

Welcome to this lovely place.

Comment

A big welcome to the forum Tortie. Life was so much easier as a kid huh. I'm sure we'd all agree on that one.
      Sorry to hear about your sad loss, my Dad died in 2002 when my childhood years suddenly became so much more special and of comfort
      I'm glad you've found us and hope you continue to find those chilhood memory's to help you though.
      Heather

Comment

Thankyou Marine (Boy (how's Splasher? give him my love and a hug; I used to kiss the telly when Splasher came on...) and Huggie74, I really appreciate your kindness. I'm looking forward to exploring a lot more!

Comment

Welcome to DYR. Is that a giraffe or a horse with a long neck?

Comment

LOL, he's my Bendy Toy giraffe, whom I found round at dad's. I used to take great delight in tying his poor neck and legs in knots, but he's survived, in reasonably good condition (apart from his nose, where he was obviously kissed a lot), is still smiling, and is now enjoying being treated more kindly!

Comment

Hi Tortie.Welcome to tne board but sorry about your dad...................Mine passed away near Xmas as well but that was 2 years ago

Comment

Hi Tortie
                sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome Tortie. Sorry to hear about your dad. I replaced a couple of my favourite childhood toys (horses) via ebay and was surprised at how much of a comfort they are! The originals saw me through some very tough times. I was a 60's kid too so would love to see pics of your toys.

Comment

Hello And Welcome Sorry hear about your dad . i recently brought my old baby toy off ebay fireman sam foam teddy i remember it his head fell off that happened when i was 6yrs old :cry:

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusescrazy View Post
                      Hello And Welcome Sorry hear about your dad . i recently brought my old baby toy off ebay fireman sam foam teddy i remember it his head fell off that happened when i was 6yrs old :cry:
                      Oh no, that's terrible ...Poor Sam! Things like that, you don't forget, do you?
                      I really need to take some photo's don't I? My toys were my best friends; I was an only child, and my mum wouldn't do pets, so yes, finding them all has been a huge comfort to me. I keep trying to win the lottery, so I can stay at home and play with them all day, hee hee!

Comment

Only child here too. In some ways that was great, but in others it was bloody rubbish. Having a younger sibling to beat up would have made time past faster as a kid. Not sure I would have wanted to be a younger sibling though.

Comment

Working...
                        X