Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day from an expat

Hi all

Just found here by chance, looking up a childhood memory. What a great find! I'm a UK child of the 60's and 70's but moved to Australia 25 years ago.

The problem living here is that most of my friends grew up here, so have a different set of childhood memories. I'm already enjoying reading the forums, which are bringing me back some great memories

Simon
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does it count as reliving my childhood if I've never grown up?

Re: G'day from an expat

Great to see you here mate.
    Or should i say g day mate.

Im sure you will love it here.

Childhood is childhood no matter where you grew up.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Welcome to dyr Simon
      Heather

Comment

Thanks for the welcome
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Does it count as reliving my childhood if I've never grown up?

Comment

Welcome from an Essex Boy living Down Under. I only moved here 10 years ago though, but do understand the cultural differences growing up.

Hence why I bought my 9 month old Son the Bagpuss and Mr Benn DVDs to watch when he's older, along with my Pingu and Trap Door ones I already had.

Comment

My daughter lives in pottsville n.s.w. close to the fantastic Byron Bay, have been over once, thoroughly enjoyed it,while there surfing the tv channels came across "on he buses" and some classics like Gideons way,amongst others, couldn't believe it !
            Hope you have fun here, welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
              My daughter lives in pottsville n.s.w. close to the fantastic Byron Bay, have been over once, thoroughly enjoyed it,while there surfing the tv channels came across "on he buses" and some classics like Gideons way,amongst others, couldn't believe it !
              Hope you have fun here, welcome.
              When I first moved here I was pleasantly surprised by how many old UK shows we had on daytime TV here. they even had the Tom Baker Dr Whos on before the show returned with the new series'.

Comment

Aussie shows were very popular here years ago, the gritty "SPYFORCE" was aired around the regions late nights, quite a nasty little series, violent sometimes, And channel 4 when it first launched had "Norman gunston" a really crazy guy who had his own demons in real life, best known for his attempted celeb interviews and obscure comedy.

Comment

Working...
                X