Favourite Crisps Brand & Favourite Flavour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Crisps Brand & Favourite Flavour

I agree with you on the c&o/sandwich thing but where Hula Hoops are concerned, I dont' think the hoops have got smaller. The reason why we can't put them on our fingers any more is because we are now adults and our fingers have grown.
    - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
    - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
      Id have to include those Golden Wonder crisps from the late 70s with flavours like Sausage and Tomato.

I remember some vile "crisps" more like puff type things but they were loaded with E numbers and flavourings, they came in banana and strawberry flavour too.

But my favourite crisps ever would be Salt and Vinegar squares.
      I do remember those. Disgusting they were. Absolutely sickening. I have always had a strong stomach, but i could not manage more than half a dozen of the strawberry ones without wanting to puke.

One flavour I do remember with fondness was Tudor's 'Roast Pork & Apple Sauce' which were only around for a brief time.

Also loved Tudor's Gammon flavour.

Comment

IIRC Walkers had a Gammon Flavour at one time in the late 1980s - early 90s?
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

roast ham and mustard
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Anyone remember "Brannigans" crisps? They were thicker than standard crisps (but not ridge cut). They came in only a couple of flavours - Roast Beef and Mustard; and Smoked Ham and Pickle. I loved the Smoked Ham ones, they had a totally unique flavour. Not many places used to sell them, and they can't have been all that popular as they disappeared not long after.

I also liked "Nik-Naks" 20 or so years ago, but find them a bit mundane and indifferent now. Maybe my tastes have changed, or the recipe has changed (no doubt there was all sorts of artificial "nasties" in them or something!)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tim View Post
              Anyone remember "Brannigans" crisps? They were thicker than standard crisps (but not ridge cut). They came in only a couple of flavours - Roast Beef and Mustard; and Smoked Ham and Pickle. I loved the Smoked Ham ones, they had a totally unique flavour. Not many places used to sell them, and they can't have been all that popular as they disappeared not long after.

I also liked "Nik-Naks" 20 or so years ago, but find them a bit mundane and indifferent now. Maybe my tastes have changed, or the recipe has changed (no doubt there was all sorts of artificial "nasties" in them or something!)
              you can still get brannigans - i have them all the time
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Does anyone remember Really Ruthless crisps - really hot and loved them then they just disappeared
                Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tim View Post

There were a few "traditional" style crisps around at one time, led by Smith's Jackets.

I still like Nik Naks, don't have them often though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                    you can still get brannigans - i have them all the time
                    I'll keep my eyes open for them, not seen them in the big supermarkets, but then again I try to get in and out of those places as quickly as possible!

Comment

I think tudor where my faves.
                      Tomato flavour pickled onion,spring onion.

They where really strong flavours too.

Think tudor did gammon as well so fantastically tasty.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I think Golden Wonder cheese & onion were my favourites,also rem having Smiths salt & shake.Then millenium time it was walkers sensations.I cannot eat crisps now my stomach cant tollerate them

Comment

I remember Smiths Flavour & Shake which never worked very well.

One of my friends at school often had Tudor Salt & Pepper crisps.

Comment

Flavour and shake never heard them.

I remember salt and shake salt in a small blue packet.
                            I liked them ate too many bags of them.

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
                            i remember smiths flavour & shake which never worked very well.

One of my friends at school often had tudor salt & pepper crisps.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              Flavour and shake never heard them.

I remember salt and shake salt in a small blue packet.
                              I liked them ate too many bags of them.
                              Flavour & shake didn't last long, were only around 1986-7.

Comment

Did anyone try those 'bring back' Walkers crisps? I was great to have toasted cheese and beef 'n' onion again.

Comment

Working...
                                X