Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The high chaparral

THE HIGH CHAPARRAL.

The show revolves around Big/John Cannon Leif Erickson, a rancher who lived in the Arizona Territory in the 1870s. He ran the ranch with his brother Buck Cameron Mitchell and son Billy Blue Blue Boy Mark Slade.

Blue Boy's mother Annalee Joan Caulfield was killed in the first episode by an Indian arrow, and John Cannon then married Victoria Linda Cristal, the daughter of the powerful neighbouring rancher Don Sebastián Montoya, in what is initially a marriage of convenience.

His marriage to Victoria Montoya brought her brother Manolito Henry Darrow into the picture, and he also came to live with the family.

Cameron Mitchell was offered the part of Buck following an airline flight to Tucson where he had sat next to the series originator and his wife.

It ran from
    September 10th 1967 until march 12th 1971.

There where 4 seasons totalling 98 episodes.
    Its main stars where as follows.

Leif Erickson
    Cameron Mitchell
    Mark Slade
    Linda Crystal
    Hery Darrow
    Don Collier

Check the link opening credits.
    http://youtu.be/HqBInlTQHaU
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: The high chaparral

Speaking of Best Western series ever made – The High Chaparral would be on my top five list! I love this show because the whole script is very realistic, and has a good balance between the heroes of this show and the villains! I also love the endless adventure on each episode. I really do miss those days waiting for this show. I’ve been searching for a DVD copy of this and I saw it being sold at http://www.memorylanedvd.com/product...6&cat=0&page=1 . Based on what I read about the feedbacks for this company, I decided to give it a try. I’m impressed with the fast shipping and good quality of the DVD collection I received. Very acceptable. I’m an avid fan of High Chaparral eversince then and it’s really fulfilling to own and to watch this show all over again!

Comment

it really was a superb show michael.glad to see you like it.
      could never choose which i preferred this or bonanza.

Comment

A top top show and I absolutely loved it.........always imagined myself as 'blue boy' when playing cowboys & indians

Comment

I loved this program think it was on sundays but i might be wrong as there was so many programs on sundays i use to watch sure made the day go quick
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

indeed it was mate.

i can just picture that.
            sunday was full of good shows.

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
            A top top show and I absolutely loved it.........always imagined myself as 'blue boy' when playing cowboys & indians

Comment

Working...
            X