Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films have you been watching lately..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zabadak
    replied
    Re: What films have you been watching lately..

Yep - one of King's less teen-horror stories

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Hitman: Agent 47 - Not bad
    The Green Mile - Blimmin' ace!
    Dunkirk - Also excellent!

Green mile is a great film and i think based on a stephen king story...not seen the others but Dunkirk is on my bucket list

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Hitman: Agent 47 - Not bad
    The Green Mile - Blimmin' ace!
    Dunkirk - Also excellent!

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Sky scraper starring that rock bloke....utter dross, watch towering inferno a far superior film

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

The Sting and Black Panther are both very enjoyable!

Not heard of Habit...

Leave a comment:

• branny
    replied

Watched The Sting for the first time the other night. Enjoyed that. Watched a very bizarre movie this morning called Habit. It grabbed my interest because it's set in Manchester but not one I'd recommend. Just watching Black Panther at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Eraserhead last night, not seen it for probably 10 years and it was every bit as disturbing as i remembered it. Jack nance plays Henry spencer a man on the edge who is trying to escape the despair brought about by his nagging wife and permanently crying and seriously deformed baby. Set against a bleak industrial landscape this film is uncomfortable viewing with some surreal nightmarish events unfolding which make the film hard to get out of your head.....SEE IT.
    Hated it when I saw it at Uni. I am now a David Lynch fan so I will deffo check it out again if/when it comes back on TV!

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Eraserhead last night, not seen it for probably 10 years and it was every bit as disturbing as i remembered it. Jack nance plays Henry spencer a man on the edge who is trying to escape the despair brought about by his nagging wife and permanently crying and seriously deformed baby. Set against a bleak industrial landscape this film is uncomfortable viewing with some surreal nightmarish events unfolding which make the film hard to get out of your head.....SEE IT.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

The Day After (1983) - A spooky nuclear apocalypse film, suggesting how a war could break out and what the effects would be on a medium-sized American city (Kansas)

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Been trying to watch critically acclaimed films more recently and have been left scratching my head over some of them.

American graffiti, load of kids driving round in circles for two hours and talking ****.
    Fight club, load of blokes fighting for two hours and talking ****
    Rebel without a cause, James dean sulking for two hours and talking ****
    Sooo continuing my quest to watch the critically acclaimed movies that we are all told we should see before we die, i decided to watch Deliverance which promised much from a small but sterling cast.... However the film is dreadful and implausable, in a nutshell it was four blokes in a canoe getting bummed by a couple of hillbillies

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Platoon never fails to show me just awful war can be.
    The emotions its puts the viewer thru as well charlie sheen describing what his character is feeling and going through.
    Good call, a brilliant depiction of an awful period in American history, quite a hard film to watch

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Spaceballs, It's always good fun, especially when I'm a fan of science fiction.
    Yes - I saw that in the cinema when it came out. Ace!

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Spaceballs, It's always good fun, especially when I'm a fan of science fiction.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Platoon never fails to show me just awful war can be.
    The emotions its puts the viewer thru as well charlie sheen describing what his character is feeling and going through.
    Last edited by darren; 17-09-2018, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Watched a little known film last night called The forger, about an art forger played by Alfred mollina who employs the services of a young talented apprentice but eventually gets rumbled. Not a bad film but different in that it starred Clint eastwoods wife and son and was set in Carmel (Clint was mayor of Carmel)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X