X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things you never could have predicted

Originally posted by marc View Post
    The end of deep coal mining in Britain.

Our armed forces cut back so much that even the top officers are beginning to squeal (remaining mostly anonymous of course).

Foreign owners of former British companies shouting loudly, then watching even our own Prime Minister jump up indirectly shouting "Yes Sir!!!! Three bags full, Sir!!!"

People born in Britain having less rights than foreign nationals.
    Scams from Foreigns living in Uk,Ripping off benefit system,fake passports fake goods,cold calling

Comment

I would never have believed we would have so many TV channels. I grew up with 3, then channel 4 in the 80s and channel 5 in the 90s. And a giant flat screen TV on the wall would have been unreal! Our TV was black and white in the 70s. It's crazy how quickly technology has advanced! It's like something out of the film total recall! Next we'll be having johnny cab taxis!

Comment

The start of multi channel TV was when Sky started up, & in places lucky to get cable, my parents didn't have anything like that until 1999.

Also the cost of TVs has come down so much in real terms, certainly looking at the old Argos catalogues I was surprised at how much a basic TV cost in the 1980s.

It's unsurprising that people rented sets until the 1980s, as my parents did until 1984.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

yep totally agree with you there mate.

Also the amount of reality shows now.

When growing up in the very late seventies early eighties there was no such thing.
          AS WELL AS HOW MANY SUPERHEROES AND VILLANS HAVE V SERIES AND FILMS.

Originally posted by marhig View Post
          i would never have believed we would have so many tv channels. I grew up with 3, then channel 4 in the 80s and channel 5 in the 90s. And a giant flat screen tv on the wall would have been unreal! Our tv was black and white in the 70s. It's crazy how quickly technology has advanced! It's like something out of the film total recall! Next we'll be having johnny cab taxis!
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There had been the odd fly on the wall documentary but it was the late 1990s docusoaps that made reality TV such a big thing.

Comment

As for Superhero films, DC are owned by Warner Bros & Marvel by Disney so it's not surprising there have been a lot of films made.

Especially after so many other successful film series in recent years.

Comment

IPhones
                IPads

Comment

Things you never could have predicted

Originally posted by amethyst View Post

IPhones
                  IPads

I couldn't have imagined ever being so in love and even reliant on my iPhone and iPad and the internet !!!
                  Last edited by Zincubus; 13-04-2016, 23:11. Reason: ed

Comment

I'd be lost without being able to get online every few days, & my Iphone is very useful.

Comment

Leicester City top of the league!
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Tatoos,fake tan world,botox,pouty lips,the list goes on,natural is the best look you dont need falses

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                          Tatoos,fake tan world,botox,pouty lips,the list goes on,natural is the best look you dont need falses

In that vein ... Who would have thought that the young males under 30 would , as a group , prefer fake , unmoving , spherical boobs over beautiful looking / feeling natural ones !!!!

Comment

I remember thinking, as we watched First Blood (hired from Azad Video) on our new Sanyo VTC 5000 Beta recorder, that technology could advance no further. How wrong I was.

Comment

Home video did have a few tweaks before being supplanted by DVD, such as stereo sound, auto tracking & a few others along the way.

Comment

Digital tv, Cameras.

Comment

Working...
                                X