Clear All

Re: Things you never could have predicted

Leicester winning the title !

Comment

Originally posted by Aidanagain View Post
      Leicester winning the title !
      I'm sticking with Spurs .

Spurs win the next four with Leicester losing the last two out of last three ( ManU / Everton / Chelsea away ( last game ) .

Comment

The worlds most powerful person being Donald Trump !!

It may happen !!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          The worlds most powerful person being Donald Trump !!

It may happen !!
          Well he has been winning loads of states and his support has been overwelming

Comment

I would be sitting here recalling such stuff on a computer , for the world to see ;-)

Comment

...and that my local library has stopped putting certain reference books out on the shelf "cos it's on the internet now" ABSURD !

Comment

We used to play FOOTIE on bumpy , sometimes muddy fields with no goal posts and there were occasionally 15 v 15 .

Nowadays we walk past purpose-built all-weather pitches , fenced off and with goals .... they're usually empty !?!?!?!

Comment

i guess maybe its because they dont have room to keep them.

Maybe you can order them from somewhere.

But really you should have the choice of either way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

another thing is just how many libraries are closing down as well *** post offices.

They are so important.

Originally posted by dscoman View Post
                  ...and that my local library has stopped putting certain reference books out on the shelf "cos it's on the internet now" absurd !
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
                    ...and that my local library has stopped putting certain reference books out on the shelf "cos it's on the internet now" ABSURD !
                    Worse it will get with all the cut backs more libraries will close its a shame,nothing like having a book in your hands compared with kindle,I know what I much prefer the good old book

Comment

Recently Encyclopaedia Britannica has stopped printing books & keeps the contents online so they can be quickly updated.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That Joey out of Friends would be a presenter of Top Gear.

Comment

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                          That Joey out of Friends would be a presenter of Top Gear.
                          and Chris Evans

Comment

That England would lose to a team from a ridiculously small country! Oh wait...
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              That England would lose to a team from a ridiculously small country! Oh wait...
                              Wales not been in a tournament for 58 years and a through to the quarter finals

Comment

I would never have predicted the feasibility of time travel. I do predict it now though. Kip Thorne of UCLA & Stephen Hawking are convinced it is feasible; as am I

To travel back (or forward for that matter) in time you would need to achieve the speed of light (186.000 mps) and generate the power equivalent to that of an Event Horizon (Black Hole)

As for the Grandfather Parodox as featured in the film Back to the Future, don't get me started on that one
                                Last edited by Twocky61; 28-06-2016, 21:58. Reason: Additional
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X