halloween spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: halloween spirit

I have noticed some people have still got their pumpkins and ghosts still in their windows

Comment

It was really crazy in my neighbourhood. I kid you not, the place was jammed with hundreds of cars and people! Very early on we ran out of candy so I went to the supermarket to get some more. I picked up two more bags of candy and then took a slightly different route home where I noticed that there was hardly anything going on in the surrounding neighbourhoods -- Just mine! And then one of the housemates went trick or treating with her younger brother and when they got back we had already gone through the two bags I picked up so we had to recycle her candy!

Comment

we never had a child knock on i must admit we was out but i thought when we got back we might off had few but it was great taken kids out they had 4.50/ea and a ton of sweets choccys and few toys great night
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I found it real quiet maybe parents kept their children in with their own dress up parties.Oh well another one over and done with

Comment

yea its tonight to get out of the way now hope these silly buggers dont let fireworks of at 11pm again tonight

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            I found it real quiet maybe parents kept their children in with their own dress up parties.Oh well another one over and done with

Comment

Also the parents from the dodgy neighbourhoods bring their kids trick or treating in my neighbourhood because they feel that their's isn't safe.

Comment

Its coming round again 3 weeks away,plenty of stuff in shops

Comment

Mixed feelings again. The younger kids with their parents are ok, but I am hoping the older kids will be more interested in their games consoles. We had an episode a few years back when we had several gangs of older kids/teenagers going around creating havoc on the estate just as they saw it as a way of getting something for nothing and did not even make the effort to look the part. Then again one year was fantastic and had a good feeling to it with lots of children with their parents with some great costumes. Last year was fairly quiet here for a change. I expect dad will turn the lights off and pretend not to be in this year. Think I may do the same.

Comment

Yeap soon be here again looks like we be making pumkin heads again

Comment

i see what u mean mate by dble standards but knocikng peoples doors is not quite the same as most doors u knock could be in your own street.
                      when i was a kid all the kids did it.
                      perhaps its more dangerous now to do it as we have all this p.c. stuff.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                      Trick or treat seems to be a double standard to me. On one hand most parents tell their kids not to take sweets off strangers the next they let their kids go begging on the door steps of strangers for them. Must admit that trick or treat was not something that was done so much when I was a kid. I don't remember doing it myself nor any of my mates. We did penny for the guy instead which I have a feeling was banned by our local council as it was seen as begging.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Been quite a few loud bangs over the weekend with fireworks,cant they wait until wednesday

Comment

It has been a relatevely quiet guy fawkes night,folks must have gone to displays

Comment

I have only seen one house in the street with a pumpkin in the window,is it going to be a quiet one this year

Comment

yea same here but the shops are fully decorated

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                                yea same here but the shops are fully decorated
                                As usual

Comment

Working...
                                X