• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where do you all live

And there's a Glasgow in Kentucky.

Comment

And one of the cities next mine is Westminster.

Comment

I found a book at the library a few years ago called a World Of Manchesters.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I found a book at the library a few years ago called a World Of Manchesters.
          The one in New Hampshire comes to mind. Quite probably one or two lesser known ones in other parts of the U.S. as well. Where else?

Comment

Originally posted by PC66 View Post
            The one in New Hampshire comes to mind. Quite probably one or two lesser known ones in other parts of the U.S. as well. Where else?
            IIRC there are a few in the USA, including ones in Connecticut & Kentucky, Jamaica & Trinidad have Manchester as well.

Comment

Ohio, in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                am i the only Scot on here? lol

born and bred in Arbroath, Scotland
                Last edited by HG; 15-01-2014, 18:59. Reason: Details removed at posters request

Comment

Dundee! We're moving up there this year! Any suggestions on nice places to live? Also, what's going on with the Scottish property system, I'm trying to get my head round it. I think i get the fixed offer thing but when i got in touch with estate agents up there one of them sent me this http://www.hdg.co.uk/regions/Dundee about home reports. I thought the seller has to do one of them and then the buyer has a survey done when the offer's been accepted. Am I wrong? Also, isn't a home report just a survey anyway? It's too confusing, us Sassenachs have a much simpler system *ducks*

Comment

According to the Scottish government website, it does appear as though the report is a legal requirement for marketing a property:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Bu...ng/Home-Report

We ended up with the watered down version south of the border, just requiring the energy certificate part of the package.

Why can't the government just keep its nose out of personal business and let people agree whatever they want between themselves?

Comment

At least gazumping is illegal in Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
                        Dundee! We're moving up there this year! Any suggestions on nice places to live? Also, what's going on with the Scottish property system, I'm trying to get my head round it. I think i get the fixed offer thing but when i got in touch with estate agents up there one of them sent me this http://www.hdg.co.uk/regions/Dundee about home reports. I thought the seller has to do one of them and then the buyer has a survey done when the offer's been accepted. Am I wrong? Also, isn't a home report just a survey anyway? It's too confusing, us Sassenachs have a much simpler system *ducks*
                        Last edited by HG; 15-01-2014, 18:56. Reason: Details removed at posters request

Comment

Thanks for that LivedOnMars, yeah, it's a nightmare. You can't just pop up to have a look at something and as we're working we have to fit it in at weekends. We're planning on going up there for the weekend soon and having a look at as many properties as we can. It's hard to get the feel of an area when you're just passing through. My OH needs to find a job too.
                          But it's good that once an offer is accepted it's legally binding, been let down before in the past and it's really stressful.
                          Thanks all

Comment

What country you are from

How about we talk about the country we are from

Wales Cardiff the capital the Milenium stadium for Rugby

St Davids day March 1st

Daffodil the flower of Wales,the leek as an emblem

Welsh Cakes,laverbread cockles,home made cawl(stew)

Land of song,choirs

The welsh dragon as the flag

Comment

Re: What country you are from

im from staffordshire the potteries
                              oatcake country lol
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Re: where do you all live ?

Born & bred in Leeds, but live now in Umina Beach, Australia

Comment

Working...
                                X