You know when your getting old when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know when your getting old when?

Anybody gets these moments of forgeting things,just had a senior moment for a few seconds left the room put my glasses down on cabinet,came back in the living room without them then remembered about them.

Re: You know when your getting old when?

When your doctor is younger than you.

The kids you used to babysit now have kids of their own.

Comment

When you reach 21 the years fly past
      when life begins at 40 the number scares you
      when you reach 50 that 60 is getting closer

Comment

When you wonder why they are remaking a film so soon after the original, then when you think about it, you realise the original was over 30 years ago !!

Comment

My Dad reckons it's when you start to see policemen looking younger than you.

The majority of footballers are younger than you.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            When you reach 21 the years fly past
            when life begins at 40 the number scares you
            when you reach 50 that 60 is getting closer
            I think the reason that time really seems to fly as you get older is a matter of relative perspective because back when you were ten years old one year was 1/10th of your life, but now 1/10th of your life is 3-5 years. And many of you have probably noticed that nowadays several years feels like one year when you were a child.

Comment

I'm always thinking back to something then realise it was a lot further back than I thought.

It starts to get worrying when I work out I've had half a lifetime since 1996, when some things from then feel quite fresh in my memory,
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yep I sure felt as though I had about five years as a child to every one year I have now! I do wonder why that is. Maybe it's because everything was new and we were just floating through the days not even thinking about the next day, let alone the next week/month/year. Truly carefree days.

Anyway I know I'm old now when I look at my roots and realise the handful of greys I used to pluck out individually a few years ago have overtaken my entire head. They did it secretly, under the dye! :cry:
                1976 Vintage

Comment

You realise you are old when you are on this website on a daily basis !!
                  Last edited by Cooldeepblue; 08-08-2014, 22:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                    Yep I sure felt as though I had about five years as a child to every one year I have now! I do wonder why that is. Maybe it's because everything was new and we were just floating through the days not even thinking about the next day, let alone the next week/month/year. Truly carefree days.

Anyway I know I'm old now when I look at my roots and realise the handful of greys I used to pluck out individually a few years ago have overtaken my entire head. They did it secretly, under the dye! :cry:
                    I think colouring hair over the years makes things worse its bad for you as they say grow old gracefully

Comment

If I go grey I'll definitely colour my hair as I look young for my age anyway so it'll 'match'. Nothing wrong with trying to look your best and making the best of what you've got. On the other had my friend's dad is like nearly 70 and looks it and he also looks like he's poured a whole bottle of black 'Quink' all over his head - NOT a good look!

Comment

Watching old programmes on the box because new stuff is not the same

Comment

When your kids can show you how use a computer better tha u lol
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                            When your kids can show you how use a computer better tha u lol
                            Now that's something I've always found a bit scary.

Comment

...you say "why would I want a new mobile phone? This one I've had for six years is absolutely fine"

Comment

Working...
                              X