Family Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Trees

Anyone been interested in finding more about your relatives.Started to look on genes reunited for clues of birth marriages and death,Its a lot easier if a surname was not so common as Jones,Williams etc

Re: Family Trees

My Dad has done a lot on our family history, not so easy if your surname is Davies & all but the last generation or so lived in South Wales!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

We have Davies in our family on my nans side. They also came from south Wales, Pembrokshire.

I done quite a bit of family research over the years but found it to be getting rather expensive especially as a full certificate is nearly £10 a throw now. Parish registers are probably the best way to go if your family came from a specific area. If your family moved around a lot like mine then parish registers can be misleading as they record christenings and not always where the birth of the child took place or a burial but not where the person died. Many of my ancestors that I had been researching lived on the road all their lives moving from town to town every few weeks or months.

Ancestry is the best place to start with a great set of records but it can get expensive for a decent subscription. Be careful of online trees. Check and recheck them time and time again. So many of them will be wrong somewhere.

Comment

Welsh connections for both of you eh.The genes reunited site is good if you know the surname my mums mum & dad names were easy enough to find.My dads dad name was easy,but my nan on dads side was a Rees so it will be difficult.I will be phoning up the central library for information,on what to do next.I would like a family tree chart on both sides depending on the price they charge.I would not be interested in certificates as it costs so much.

Comment

My Dad has found a few sites which can be very good for looking up information at a reasonable price.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I have the names of the 4 grandparents,the dates when they were born married and passed on.The next stage to find their siblings names and families

Comment

Something ive never thought of doing really maybe one day i will
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                Something ive never thought of doing really maybe one day i will
                No time like the present

Comment

yea true but its one them things do I or don't I lol

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                    yea true but its one them things do I or don't I lol
                    I am phoning up the library tomorrow for some advice,so will let you know what they say

Comment

Ok mate cheers
                      Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                      I am phoning up the library tomorrow for some advice,so will let you know what they say

Comment

Rang up library they said best to come down and we will advise you what to do next

Comment

cheers when I get 5 I might think about that one

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                          Rang up library they said best to come down and we will advise you what to do next

Comment

Been down central library.where I was given a site to look at similar to genes reunited which I had been looking at.Its called findmypast.co.uk

Looking up my mums dad side the surname was easy to find,He had 1 brother that got married so I started searching from then if they had sons etc.Now I am searching for males only as females would be more difficult to track down with married names.
                            I am looking for males that are my age group to see if they match the family and I did come up trumps its a choice of 3,the next hurdle is finding out their addresses or phone numbers to see if they are related or not.

Comment

I am still working on this family tree buisness,have left it for a while,but trying to get back into it.Have found males with the same surname and the district I think they maybe from.It is finding the right one that could be a distant relative.If I find my mums Uncle family then what relation would they be to me is it great cousins or distant cousins?

Comment

Working...
                              X