New Birds Of A Feather Series'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Birds Of A Feather Series'

I am sorry if there is another thread devoted to the Original Series - but I wanted to create./make one for the re-made Series' to appreciate how great it is! I know that Birds Of A Feather has been brought back, but how it has been done has just been amazing I think as not many shows can return and be what they once used to be! Granted Chris and Darryl are no longer in it and it has taken a new direction since Dorian moved in with Sharon and Tracey, but how the 2 writers got this re-going, they deserve a real acalade I think as it so often can not but achieved reviving old Programmes - even though I see on IMDB many fans can't accept the new Series' and way it is going - but it's like the Girls have never been away (Programme-wise). Even Garthy and Travis give the programme added spice and just total funniness too I think!

The re-birth of Birds Of A Feather can give genuine hope to all the old Comedy's like Bread ,last Of The Summer Wine, may-be Keeping Up Appearances, Only Fools and Horses returning possibly returning and even old dramas too. this is the way to make them I think/feel ... unlike Still Open All Hours that is just a total re-invention of Granville in a Arkwright's Job doing exactly what Arkwright did and even copying his antics in certain way's!! The key thing I feel is not to re-invent it like Still Open All Hours with new cast (in the main) doing what the old Cast did but continuing where the old Cast left off (if possible/feasible)

On a final note the "moan" (of sorts) I can have re; the ITV version (and this is purely for personal reasons and being sentimental) is the axing of the end credits showing a young Sharon and Tracey in the park ... otherwise it get's 9 and a half from 10 from me I'd say par a full 10!

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 28-02-2016, 23:54.

Re: New Birds Of A Feather Series'

I have been watching the new episodes from the start.Sharon Pauline Quirke has always made the show with the funny things she says

Comment

I must be the only living person who doesn't get Birds of a Feather or Fools and Horses or Father Ted or Mrs Browns Boys. !!

Comment

Its unusual to see it come back after such a long time.

I must admit its its just as good as it was.

We still have the 3 main characters played by the exact same actresses.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
        X