Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"This site is not secure" message

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • George 1978
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    It happened again just now,

    Leave a comment:


  • George 1978
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    I only access this forum on an ordinary computer and not via a mobile phone - I suppose that I am fortunate in that way.

    Leave a comment:


  • HG
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    You can change your settings to allow only pms from contacts and moderators which will stop spammers messaging you. The ones you reported have been dealt with.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zincubus
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    As far as I know, I don't get them myself which I am relieved about - at least one can delete spam PMs.

    I don't usually like to use PM myself - if I have something to say, then I will say it on here as I have nothing to hide.
    These are PMs flooding my inbo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Leave a comment:


  • George 1978
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    As far as I know, I don't get them myself which I am relieved about - at least one can delete spam PMs.

    I don't usually like to use PM myself - if I have something to say, then I will say it on here as I have nothing to hide.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zincubus
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    Any idea why I’m getting sooooo many spam/ scam PMs these days ??

    How do I stop them ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Leave a comment:


  • George 1978
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    It did it again today when I started the Game Show Hosts thread - I am so annoyed that I lost so much stuff that I have spent writing on here.

    Leave a comment:


  • George 1978
    replied
    Re: Charades

    Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post

    How dare they do this to our site.
    That is exactly what I think.

    Leave a comment:


  • George 1978
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    Originally posted by remember View Post
    Would you be able to PM me a screenshot next time you get this message? I'm particularly interested in the URL (address) at the top of the browser more than the actual message. I think I know what might be causing the issue but just need to check the URL to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with hacking, it's actually to do with the secure certificate for the site and should be easy enough to resolve.
    I cut and pasted what was on there - whether I will get the message again is anyone's guess (hopefully I won't get it again), but I will try and capture it if it ever does happen again.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donald the Great
    replied
    Re: Charades

    Would you be able to PM me a screenshot next time you get this message? I'm particularly interested in the URL (address) at the top of the browser more than the actual message. I think I know what might be causing the issue but just need to check the URL to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with hacking, it's actually to do with the secure certificate for the site and should be easy enough to resolve. [quote]

    Thanks for getting on top of this Remember. How dare they do this to our site.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donald the Great
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    As someone who loves this site to bits.. this is not good to read.
    This site is not secure
    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

    Close this tab
    More information

    Leave a comment:


  • Donald the Great
    replied
    Re: Charades

    Originally posted by tex View Post
    First wierd fonts and then missing posts and now locked out, something strange this way blows!
    You were locked out too mate? I was yesterday. Biggest problem I found was being unable to contact someone to rectify the problem. Michael did not answer my emails. I had to get a mate to register here and notify admin who in turn notified Michael.

    Leave a comment:


  • remember
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    Would you be able to PM me a screenshot next time you get this message? I'm particularly interested in the URL (address) at the top of the browser more than the actual message. I think I know what might be causing the issue but just need to check the URL to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with hacking, it's actually to do with the secure certificate for the site and should be easy enough to resolve.



    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I was wondering whether any members are experiencing difficulties with accessing this website at the moment? I have saved a few pages of threads from this website on my Favourites list, and when I click on one of them in order to access the website, I seem to end up with a red worded headlined message on a white background which happens to be saying the following:

    This site is not secure
    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

    Close this tab
    More information

    I was trying to post on the recently bumped-up Imperial Leather thread in the Adverts section, and as I clicked to post what I had written, a message came up on my computer screen to ask if I want to leave the page, as if I was clicking on a link or pressing back on my browser without posting the text.

    I have to admit that this is the first time this has happened, and I hope it will be the last as well - I hope that things will go back to normal as soon as possible. I hope that no one is hacking into the website and that things are going wrong as a result.

    Fortunately, I am using Microsoft Edge at the moment which I can access this website on here, but when I post on here - no problem there, but I usually use Microsoft Internet Explorer where this problem has been happening over the past few minutes. I believe that this website is as secure as most other ones online, especially as I can still access this on Microsoft Edge.

    Are any other members on here experiencing this on Internet Explorer (or any other App) at this moment in time? Has this ever happened to members before now?

    Leave a comment:


  • Heather74
    replied
    Re: "This site is not secure" message

    Ok I know Donald the Great and Tex have both reported problems of 'being locked out' Of the forum, is anyone else having issues?

    Leave a comment:


  • tex
    replied
    Re: Charades

    Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    good one tex. I was not here yesterday as I was indisposed due to being inexplicably locked out of the forum?
    First wierd fonts and then missing posts and now locked out, something strange this way blows!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X