X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amethyst
    replied
    Re: Food Banks

My local Aldi is collecting for the food banks only started to do this recently maybe each store is different

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Ah...sorry,my bad.......Oh and it's Ed stafford
    That’s spell correct somehow !
    I thought I’d typed Stafford but must have fumbled and it was ‘corrected’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    It wasn’t you bud I quoted the person in question

.. I saw your later quote about the Ed Banks program ..and took it on board .. there’s always the minority who will try it on ..

Ah...sorry,my bad.......Oh and it's Ed stafford

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post

There are a lot of kind generous people out there.The season of goodwill is about giving always someone is worse off thinking of the homeless and people on their own this time of year
    Revisited

Such a lovely sentiment in the last sentence , yet shortly after that you posted this ..

How very odd .

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied
    Food Banks

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Yeah, think that was me actually...what you say here is a bit of a generalisation Zinc, what i remember saying in a previous thread about homeless people was that many (not all) beggars are not necessarily homeless and find it easier and actually quite prosperous to sit next to cash machines and outside supermarkets asking for free money.
    I went on to talk about the experiment done by Ed stafford in which he lived on the streets of Manchester for a week and found that beggars were going back to there homes after there "shift"...Can't stress enough the word "many" and certainly not "all" homeless people do this. I was talking to door security at the Bridgewater hall in Manchester town centre not so long ago, he pointed out three beggars to me who actually live together in a swanky apartment on the outskirts of town. These people do a lot of harm to genuine cases of homelessness as people are now less likely to offer help where it's genuinely needed.
    It wasn’t you bud I quoted the person in question

.. I saw your later quote about the Ed Banks program ..and took it on board .. there’s always the minority who will try it on ..

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    You quickly changed your tune !

In another thread you recently suggested that the homeless were simply con men who borrowed dogs ( a ridiculous idea in itself ) to get people to feel even more generous towards them ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, think that was me actually...what you say here is a bit of a generalisation Zinc, what i remember saying in a previous thread about homeless people was that many (not all) beggars are not necessarily homeless and find it easier and actually quite prosperous to sit next to cash machines and outside supermarkets asking for free money.
    I went on to talk about the experiment done by Ed stafford in which he lived on the streets of Manchester for a week and found that beggars were going back to there homes after there "shift"...Can't stress enough the word "many" and certainly not "all" homeless people do this. I was talking to door security at the Bridgewater hall in Manchester town centre not so long ago, he pointed out three beggars to me who actually live together in a swanky apartment on the outskirts of town. These people do a lot of harm to genuine cases of homelessness as people are now less likely to offer help where it's genuinely needed.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Was in Tesco this morning I bought 2 items for the xmas food bank donation,to find it was overflowing with stuff that customers had given plus 2 more bread trays full of tins and boxes.
    There are a lot of kind generous people out there.The season of goodwill is about giving always someone is worse off thinking of the homeless and people on their own this time of year
    You quickly changed your tune !

In another thread you recently suggested that the homeless were simply con men who borrowed dogs ( a ridiculous idea in itself ) to get people to feel even more generous towards them ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

I bought 2 toys for Morrisons donations.Also put a few packets of biscuits in their food bank.Bought 2 raffle tickets in Aldi win hamper with Kevin the carrot toy donations for young chap with cancer.I think if I won the hamper then I would give it to someone in need.

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

I've donated bags of pasta and rice to food banks. Also while at work I've given out 3 tokens on separate occasions to people who need to use foodbanks.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    My Brother & his girlfriend didn't send any Christmas cards this year & used the money to donate food to their local homeless shelter.
    A very nice gesture - although I do send Christmas cards myself to anyone I can think of, I also send one to a charity with a cheque donation, and I feel that I am giving someone a Christmas present doing that, and not just a charity.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

My Brother & his girlfriend didn't send any Christmas cards this year & used the money to donate food to their local homeless shelter.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Welcome back Jeanette LTNC
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Good thing about food banks is less food waste what with the sell by date system

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Welcome back Jeanette LTNC

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I just hope that I will never have to use a food bank myself, and I would also like to say that my sympathies are with anyone, whether as an individual or a family who have to rely on food banks over the Christmas and New Year period this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X