Bens rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bens rice

In order to be "more inclusive" the name uncle Bens rice has been shortened to "Bens rice".....Kill me now!
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

i dont see why it was changed could still have called uncles bens rice.
    And had no face on it.

In fact it could have had more than one face.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It's a bit like shortening the name of Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Pudding.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Stuff like this makes me feel someone has way too much time on their hands. Think of all the more useful positive changes that could be made. Did someone anywhere on the planet really complain about fictional Uncle Ben? Actually, I just made a point elsewhere on t'web about if you have a white European name but are not a white European I know you have had something taken from you, by 'my' people. So it's not like I can't have deep thoughts... maybe Ben could've been 'Ben X' like Malcolm? Or Uncle Hakim maybe? But really, dude is fictional, stuff like this isn't helping 'him'.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I was reading a book of spoof letters where the protagonist writes to the makers of Uncle Ben's rice circa 2000, and he says in his letter that he hopes that the Uncle Ben character won't disappear in the same way that the Robertson's Jam characters have had to. I think that it does sound innocent and nostalgic, however, it does stand out in many ways in present climates - it is a pity that we now see the world like that.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            I was reading a book of spoof letters where the protagonist writes to the makers of Uncle Ben's rice circa 2000, and he says in his letter that he hopes that the Uncle Ben character won't disappear in the same way that the Robertson's Jam characters have had to. I think that it does sound innocent and nostalgic, however, it does stand out in many ways in present climates - it is a pity that we now see the world like that.
            I don't understand, is it now politically incorrect to place the image of a black person on something simply because he/she is black? surely this is now exclusion and not inclusion?
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post

I don't understand, is it now politically incorrect to place the image of a black person on something simply because he/she is black? surely this is now exclusion and not inclusion?
              It's how society perceives these things - if we were still in 19-whatever, things wouldn't be like they are now.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X