Xmas Songs 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Songs 2023

I hope it is ok to make a new thread for 2023 to comment upon hearing our first and favourite Songs of the Season

I have forgot what the first one I heard this year as have That's TV on on often and Heart Xmas on the Radio. I still like all the similar ones to in years gone by what I have also mentioned in other threads on DYR, but now given Shane McGowan's passing Today (Nov 30th) that'll now be forever echoeed and linked in my mind to Xmas given the date

So .... yeah post your favourite/first heard Xmas Songs of '23 here!

As I mentioned on Shane McGowan's obituary thread, I bet that Fairytale of New York will get a bit more prominence on radio stations between now and Christmas Day,

I haven't been listening to the radio much (apart from Radio 4) and so I haven't heard many Christmas songs.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yep shanes song was being played in shops in dublin yesterday when i was there.

The one i dont wanna hear the one i really dont like is prob the most famous one by noddy holder.

What about the queen christmas song.

There lots of christmas songs which u rarely hear.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

With nearly half of 2024 gone and we are so nearly into Aug and the clock will wind towards Xmas once again - one thing for certain ... I will never be able to listen to A Fairytale Of New York ever again without thinking of Sean McGowan and Kirsty McCall - more so as it is the first Xmas without Shane The Legend - RIP

Comment

Working...
        X