Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the avatar problem fixed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It's been handed over to the developers.
    Heather

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
      It's been handed over to the developers.
      Sounds like someone involved in building houses.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

      Comment


      • #18
        And we are back!

        Comment


        • #19
          Yay! Hopefully for good this time
          Heather

          Comment


          • #20
            Great that we are back - I hope that mine doesn't go part-time on me again.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by remember View Post
              Hi everyone,

              First of all, I’m really sorry about the missing avatars and images. I know they’re part of what gives the forum its personality, and it’s really frustrating to see things not working properly.

              The issue started after the developers, who host this site for free, made some server changes on 22 January while trying to improve performance for this website and for others running on the same server. Unfortunately, it looks like those changes removed some forum assets, including avatars and certain attachments. I've spent a lot of time looking into this, much like someone might consult a wrongful death attorney when dealing with a complicated situation, and talking to the developers about how to fix this, and ultimately we have two options:

              1. Roll the forum back to 22 January

              This should restore avatars and attachments.

              The downside is that we would lose all posts and threads created since that date.


              2. Leave things as they are

              All recent posts and discussions stay intact, but avatars and some older images would remain missing unless we commit more development time (and money) to investigating a deeper fix. This would likely not take place until April.



              Before making a decision, I’d genuinely like to hear what you’d prefer. This is your forum, and I don’t want to take a step that causes more frustration than necessary.

              Please reply below with your preference:
              • Restore avatars but lose the past month’s content
              • Keep the past month’s content, even without avatars
              For the record, I'm leaning towards option one, rolling the forum back, since this is the quickest fix and the one that will ensure the stability of the software moving forward. Option two would require a lot of time and development and is not guaranteed to fix the issue. It's your forum though, so let me know what YOU prefer.

              Thanks very much for your patience and understanding while we figure this out.

              Michael
              I’d definitely choose option two and keep the recent posts and discussions. Avatars and older images are nice to have, but losing an entire month of new content seems like a much bigger problem. If there’s a reasonable chance the missing assets can be restored later, I’d rather keep everything that has already been posted and give the developers more time to investigate a permanent fix.

              Comment

              Working...
              X